ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 - do not support triple band use in AP mode (AIMesh)

CEB

Reaction score
FYI - at the moment ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 - do not support triple band use in AP mode (AIMesh)

Anyone who know if that is going to change? (New Firmware)

Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_25790-gd414187

FYI - at the moment ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 - do not support triple band use in AP mode (AIMesh)

Anyone who know if that is going to change? (New Firmware)
It does support triple band but the problem is, you can't have it all with the same SSID. The software will not allow you to make it all the same ssid, you have to have it as a different SSID for that third band.
I've installed this version of the product for multiple people and that's the issue you run into. It is rare though that you really need to access a third band. Very few products on the market would remotely benefit from that. Mostly that third band is to help with wireless ax products and for the throughput for the mesh network but most devices out there only have a 2x2 antenna in them so they won't benefit from the third band. Now if your product has 160 MHz channel bandwidth in it then it would definitely benefit from the third band because the second band only does 80 megahertz channel bandwidth.
I though hardwire any extenders I've used. In this case, if you just use a reliable ethernet cable between the first and any additional xt8 units, then you'll have a solid reliable connection that would allow you to open up that third band but you'll still have to give it a different SSID.

It does support triple band but the problem is, you can't have it all with the same SSID. The software will not allow you to make it all the same ssid, you have to have it as a different SSID for that third band.
I've installed this version of the product for multiple people and that's the issue you run into. It is rare though that you really need to access a third band. Very few products on the market would remotely benefit from that. Mostly that third band is to help with wireless ax products and for the throughput for the mesh network but most devices out there only have a 2x2 antenna in them so they won't benefit from the third band. Now if your product has 160 MHz channel bandwidth in it then it would definitely benefit from the third band because the second band only does 80 megahertz channel bandwidth.
I though hardwire any extenders I've used. In this case, if you just use a reliable ethernet cable between the first and any additional xt8 units, then you'll have a solid reliable connection that would allow you to open up that third band but you'll still have to give it a different SSID.
Actually now ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 supports triple band with the same SSID - unfortunately you cannot connect with one device to all 3 bands at the same time (firmware is 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7).

This is in Access Point (AP) mode (with AiMesh).

Furthermore I think the wifi connection is lost (disconnects) from time to time in the 2.4 Ghz band.

Back