asus P4P800-E Deluxe sound prob?

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all. i've got a wee prob with my sound on my asus P4P800-E Deluxe moutherboard. when i open any program or on go the net or that. my sound breaks up and slows down. plaing an mp3 track. using the 5.1 speaker setup on the onboard sound? tryed update the sound drivers of the reltek site. [still the same] plaese can someone help cos its doing my head in. and it dose it with any program i use. or the defolt windows startup sound as well.

p4p800

not sure mate i've not tryed.

i plug my fround 2 speakers into like green. and my rean into yellow. and my sub into like black or something. [i cant me=ind what coulor i pluged them into but there in the right ports for the speakers. 5.1?

i think so. i just got this new board. and install windows xp+sp2. [i think] i got a codec pack on [ i tryed up dateing that . [but no joy]. i also tryed unstalling it. [ but still the same] its like the suond freezs a bit when i try 2 do anything on the pc. like crackle and bracking up slow sound? win amp . windows mp. and thing that plays the sound it dose it. ?

p4p800

yes. but i got the board of my mate. and he says the sound was working before ok. with his 5.1 setup. i am not sure if he had the optical lead with his speakers or just the same i am trying 2 use. [the 3 dif wires]?

Last edited:
so do you have a digital cable to try, or try your m8s, to see what happens. it does sound like a dodgy cable, trying others will let you know weather it is or not:)

p4p800

ill be going to my mates in about an hour . so i'll try it then. and i'll let you wnow . i was gonna try a bios up date or someting 2 see if that will help. not sure about that thow? i dont think it's the cable.

Last edited:
p4p800

just tryed the opticl lead . still the same. like it's freexing and looking up . [going in a solw way]

Hi mate i got a p4c 800 deluxe asus board if you want it,just cost of p+p i have no use for it no more,its just sitting my cupboard if you want it.just one thing,the ps/2 ports were playing up when i boxed it,maybe just need a clean or somthing...i'm running duo core now so have no use let me know m8

p4p800

ok thanks guys. i'll try reinstalling xp 2 see if thats helps at all. and i'll get back to you's thanks for you'rs help guys. cheers gsim

p4p800

it just tryed my pci sound card and its still doing it. ? is the board that you've got . got a sata port on it as my hard drive is sata?

still dont know whats cosin this prob? dose anyone know?

p4p800

ok m8 that would be grate if you could do that . send me a pm or something and i'll send you my address. thanks for all your help.

gsim

Back