astraweb

J

Inactive User
Reaction score
had them reset my account as i kept getting messages about
multi ip ,wrong password and stuff.
After reset i seem to be able to connect fine ,but cant use anywhere else
on other pc different ip .
is anyone having same issues with astraweb now?

Never had to log in on another computer but it should accept connections from a different ip, have you fully logged out of one computer before restarting your newsreader as i have issues myself when i close newsleecher and open it again before restarting the whole computer. it gives me the too many connections error when im allowed 20 connections but i only ever use 10 at most so should be fine. What newsreader client are you using mate?

do you mean a PC in the same house on a different local IP 192.168.blah.blah
or do you mean a PC in a different location from you on a different net IP???

I think they would stop 2 WAN IPs from connecting at once, because otherwise people could share accounts.

QUOTE FROM ASTRAWEB T & Cs

"Accounts may be used for the subscribers personal use only. To ensure personal usage, accounts may only be logged in from a single location or IP address at any one time"

So 2 PCs at the same location should be OK, as the local IP would be transparent to the Astraweb server. But 2 PCs at different locations would have different net IPs and so will only let one of them connect at once.

I've been using astraweb for a few years without problems. I use 2 PC's on the same home network each using 10 connections. Never had any problems with newsleecher ether. Also I change my password regularly just in case as astraweb isnt the most secure of companies.

I'm still able to use two different IP addresses to download using the astraweb servers, but I am a light downloader if that makes any difference.

i download from them on 2 laptops which are going through a router, so they must be using that ip address and not the laptops :)

Back