Asda smart price lager :)

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 4 pack of this to try yesterday 99p for 4 lol. It is only 2% but i thought if it tastes ok ill keep it in the house for when i fancy a beer but ive got kids to think of.

Well as taste goes it's ok tastes very thin and a bit over carbonated. The colour is a very very light yellow almost clear lol. My guess is it's watered down lager. I wont be buying anymore. It's not bad but it's not good either.

But for 22p a can i had to have a punt. :) Not bad for a shandy though.

I allways look at cheaper alternatives and sometimes succumb, especially red wine , but invariably allways regret it.:proud:

Theres allways the thought that if i spent £4 on a bottle of shiraz and really i wanted the £8 bottle ,its a waste of £4 and i end up buying the other bottle next time.:proud:

Bought a 4 pack of this to try yesterday 99p for 4 lol. It is only 2% but i thought if it tastes ok ill keep it in the house for when i fancy a beer but ive got kids to think of.

Well as taste goes it's ok tastes very thin and a bit over carbonated. The colour is a very very light yellow almost clear lol. My guess is it's watered down lager. I wont be buying anymore. It's not bad but it's not good either.

you might be better off connecting a large hose to yer tap and sticking it into the local beck that way your allways connected to the asda smart price larger supply no need to go out :)

I know Cains (see my avitar ;)) make branded larger for Asda, not sure if it is the smart price stuff but you'd be suprised what branded stuff is made by quality brewers.

If your Asda sells it, try the Cains Pilsner as that's quite cheap - but I recommend any Cains beer mate. If Quintin Tarintino flys it out to LA, then it's good enough for me too ;)

I bought some sainsburys basics lager once as part of a joke birthday pressie for someone, ended up having a can and that stuff really is tramps piss lol

my brother in law got it once and i had a can of the asda smart price lager but after a couple of drinks of it it went straight down the sink lol..there is no taste from it and its a complete waste of money you could probably get the same kick out of a can or irn bru,i usually can drink anything but the asda lager was a losing battle its a pity as well it would of been great if it was nice and you got a dunt out of it with that price lol

I allways look at cheaper alternatives and sometimes succumb, especially red wine , but invariably allways regret it.:proud:

Theres allways the thought that if i spent £4 on a bottle of shiraz and really i wanted the £8 bottle ,its a waste of £4 and i end up buying the other bottle next time.:proud:

See I,m the other way Its all about ones personal taste I,ve tried loads of expensive plonk and they taste like Dogs piss,yet a £3.50 romanian merlot is a fantastic drop of kit.

ALDI cheap bottles of French lager are OK, little dumpy one's.

I know Cains (see my avitar ;)) make branded larger for Asda, not sure if it is the smart price stuff but you'd be suprised what branded stuff is made by quality brewers.

If your Asda sells it, try the Cains Pilsner as that's quite cheap - but I recommend any Cains beer mate. If Quintin Tarintino flys it out to LA, then it's good enough for me too ;)

i know the people who own cains brewery bunch of ....

i know the people who own cains brewery bunch of ....

The Dasani brothers, how do you know them? Can't say I've heard anything bad about them and at the end of the day, they stopped the brewery and the Cains pubs in Liverpool from closing... I'd be lost without their brews...

Back