artificial grass

Ffs wiz you don't glue edges to sand they do a rubber glue that bonds to concrete. simples :). Roll on the football season mate because you know feck all about gardening. Pmpl :LOL: ;)

See the memory is still fecked then m8 :D

I'd say treat it similar to a carpet; so a crumb rubber underlay down first (this will ensure the "grass" lasts longer and will also provide a more natural feel underfoot), the weight of this would probably keep it in place but you could either glue it down or put a wooden "frame" around the perimeter.
Then the artificial grass needs to go down, if you have glued down the underlay then use glue or double sided tape to keep it in place. If you have put a wooden frame round the perimeter then you could either just tack it to the frame or you could fit an "inner frame" to clamp the artificial grass down.

just paint the slabs like grass will cost a bit more but maintenance free :), that grass you got will get dirty with the rain.

hi guys, basically iv bought some artificial grass for my back garden, it will be going straight over the top of concrete slabs, but im struggling to find a glue that will stick it down, any ideas, it needs to bond rubber matting to concrete and stay there, lol, any help appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

There is a glue called "Sticks like s**t" that you can buy from Screwfix. It will glue anything to anything - even under water. The best stuff I have ever come across.

Recently laid this myself. Bought some Lytham grass (one seller on eBay).
Didn't put straight over slabs though, will it wear Ok direct on concrete?

I removed a load of shale/shingle, put in a frame and compacted about 4 inches of sand.
Put in a weed membrane and rolled over the top.

I have nailed it in place onto the frame and so far a few months on, it has all settled and looks fantastic.

Will post some before/after pics.

a4usu7e6.jpg

a8edyzas.jpg

e6eguges.jpg

Last edited:
Back