arrgghh 360 halo woes

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
managed to blag a red ring of death xbox 360, sent it off for repair and got it back all nice and shiny and working, borrowed a few games off my bro to get into it, then got bought halo3 and been playing it most nights

last night i decided id move the console (all while turned off) and stand it up, i did have it laying down on floor under the telly, so sorted all the wires out, stood back for a look, had a little grin to myself and opened a beer to celebrate a job well done

turned the 360 on, pictures all good on the telly, open the tray, put in my new halo3 game and close the tray

sounded like a bag of spanners falling down a mine shaft, i shit myself and quickly pressed open, and the disc now has 2 rings scratched into it and is totally unreadable :(

ive laid the console flat again now, but is there any way i can rescue the game? the kids bought it for me and ive only had it a week, im gutted

Get your buffing gear out its time to polish up that disc and try to bring it back to life. Unless the scratch is reall bad you'll be OK

Shite m8. Id guess that was unreadable.
I hate to think what that has done to the lense on ure 360.

its laid flat again now, and its working fine with other games

its when its stood up, i tried an old DVD and as soon as it started spinning you could hear that it didnt seem balanced properly, but laying flat its fine

i can deal with the console having to be flat, ill ring them in the morning about the game, their site says theres a ten quid charge, can anyone confirm this?

OUCH Glad i bought a playstation 3 everyone i know who have bought an xbox 360 have had probs with them tbh get it repaired then sell the fooker then get a ps3

OUCH Glad i bought a playstation 3 everyone i know who have bought an xbox 360 have had probs with them tbh get it repaired then sell the fooker then get a ps3

i didnt buy the 360 though m8 ;) i got it faulty and sent it to M$ who repaired it for free, i wouldnt pay the price for a PS3, the only reason i got the 360 is cos i didnt have to buy it lol

But surely if the 360 has caused the damage then Microsoft should reimburse you in full, especially considering they also make the majority of their profit from the games anyway?

yep thats true m8, ive looked on the site and its only certain games theyll do this with, luckily halo3 is one of them :)

As digicoil said get intouch with microsoft, had the same prob awhile back did exactly the same as digidude.Contacted m/s and got a full refund on the game. Didnt know about this £10 lark,but the damage was caused by the console not you. Give them a bell mate and let us know what transpires.

digi my local independant games shop has a machine that takes all scratches out ,he uses it on trade in games so they look brand new and he charges 2.99 to fix a disc ,maybe there is one in your area?

im driving the kids home today, and theres a game where they live and been told they offer this service for 3 quid, so will try tham first

ffs man this is an easy one

go to woolies and buy a new copy of the game then swap the disks over, walk back into woolies an hour later with the reciept and say there the disk is damaged and ask for a refund :)

job done. :Cheers:

Last edited:
took it to one of them machines, and it got rid of most of the scratch, for 2 quid, but still unreadable, so phoned M$ and theyrll change it once they receive the damaged one back :)

Same happened to me a while ago, Playing halo 3 with console standing up an accidentally knocked it over while it was running.

Phoned MS and they replaced it free, result! :D

theres a list of the games theyll replace on the xbox.com support site, its only ones made/programmed/whatever by microsoft

dont need a receipt as theyre official originals ;) just return the disk itself along with a printed out form

theres a list of the games theyll replace on the xbox.com support site, its only ones made/programmed/whatever by microsoft

dont need a receipt as theyre official originals ;) just return the disk itself along with a printed out form
Cheers mate, will have a look.

But I think that stinks to be honest, they are clearly admitting that their equipment can be faulty by replacing some games free of charge, yet other games written by third parties are exempt.

Hmmmm, sly gets!!!

Back