argos codes

it makes you wonder what sort of people they are to even think about selling reservation codes

tbh they must be smart cos id never have thought of that as a money making scheme, there's always the odd one that will spoil it for everyone, if the trend continues and more peeps cotton onto the fact that you can make money for nothing, i could see argos stopping this service all together, or asking you to pay for the said item before you can reserve it

when are they due in again so that i can reserve the entire stock then sell it on ebay :roflmao:

must admit reading this post sort of made me smile, you've got to admire the cheek and smartness of it

sneaky, but clever if you ask me. Like the above poster, i wouldn't have ever thought of that. Good way of making extra few bob on the side.

I know it seems like a clever way of making a few £s but it just increases the cost for people who really want it. People for anywhere in the world could just sit and reserve these knowing that they can try to flog them on Ebay and especially when people cannot get a hold of them. It just seems wrong to me but there is nothing they can do about it except stop people reserving products and thats hardly likely to happen because either way Argos get their product sold.

I know it seems like a clever way of making a few £s but it just increases the cost for people who really want it. People for anywhere in the world could just sit and reserve these knowing that they can try to flog them on Ebay and especially when people cannot get a hold of them. It just seems wrong to me but there is nothing they can do about it except stop people reserving products and thats hardly likely to happen because either way Argos get their product sold.

completely agree with the fact that it is wrong and shouldn't be happening. I was just saying that it a clever idea, but that doesn't make it right lol...

completely agree with the fact that it is wrong and shouldn't be happening. I was just saying that it a clever idea, but that doesn't make it right lol...

Oh its clever alright...no doubt about it and it doesn't cost a thing to do it either, if it isnt sold on ebay then it goes back in stock where they will probably reserve it again under a different email addy.

btw...I wasn't having a go at your post...lol

Hi, A mate of mine wanted one of those Wii board things and had a nightmare of a game to try to get one online or from the local shops, So I been a night howler went on the Argos site late (3:30 am ish) and done a search for shops in the local area and low and behold there was one in Wolverhampton who I assume was just re-stoking at the time had two in stock so I reserved it for them and Weeeeeeee they got it the next day! so the moral is look late (or early) and you will find a shop re-stocking up and get one for the £69 no up to £150 Fleabay prices. I hope this is helpful to someone who is having the same grief as my mate 'DID' have fun and good luck.:proud:

Back