Argon with SPI chip ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i

Where can i source the small spi chip to fit to an earlier Argon in order that i can flash with the new D2C2 firmware 9 when it comes out)

Thanks

thanks for the info

any UK sellers at all?

also how would one solder this SPI chip to an existing argon/d2pro 13 wire mods?

:proud:

ahh i didnt see the empty space for the spi!

cool!

Last edited:
never mind eh...lol...:Cheers:

the only thing is , is there a mark which indicates pin 1 on the board.?? if not have a look at a mod with this already on there...dont want you to put it the wrong way round.....

just looked at the pic on infectus website...pin 1 is top left...

Last edited:
I have some SPI chips spare.

The dot on the SPI goes into the bottom right of the Argon (the top left in the above pic)

so its just a case of soldering the spi on and using injectus to flash to latest firmware?

then use the argon 9 wire install diagram?

yea thats it if your after the 9 wire mod...flash the chip, then install....

oggy maybe able to give you more info on flashing as ive never done this as yet..waiting for the d2c2 firmware to come out and my proggy to arrive then ill be giving that a go....

cheers dude!

just out of interest, what is the best way to solder the spi on to the argon?

tin the pads on the argon, then use small amount of solder onto the leg of the spi so it melts onto the pad?

want to make sure it goes on flat

Ive never used the 9 wire to date, just got 50 SPI's in to update stock of Argons for anyones benefit as I never knew how it'd pan out with the 9 wire method.

the way i would solder it would be to put a bit of solder on one pad...not the chip..then use a pair of tweezers to hold the chip in place ,then heat up the pad and move the chip onto the pcb. this way you can line the chip up and makes it easier to solder the rest of the pins...if you put solder on all 8 pads on the pcb you will never get the chip to sit right on the pcb.....

yea thats it if your after the 9 wire mod...flash the chip, then install....

oggy maybe able to give you more info on flashing as ive never done this as yet..waiting for the d2c2 firmware to come out and my proggy to arrive then ill be giving that a go....

Also waiting for this new f/w as certain i have a D2c2 wii here. Will this new wasabus altered f/w be 9 or 11 wire ?

Some kind fellow of another forum sent me couple of spi chips for nothing, will need to send him some beer money when i get chance.

Also waiting for this new f/w as certain i have a D2c2 wii here. Will this new wasabus altered f/w be 9 or 11 wire ?

Some kind fellow of another forum sent me couple of spi chips for nothing, will need to send him some beer money when i get chance.

according to infectus, it will be same 9 wire install as before.

so just flash and your done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back