argon install

terminator2k2

Inactive User
Reaction score
just installed my argon i had from highlander, originals work fine but when i insert a backup , it just spins up for a few secs then stops....no blue led lights up on the board either....its acting like there is no mod in there....ive checked the wiring but cant seem to find anything a miss......

any one .???

cheers chris

did you use the neoflex?

blue light should deffo come on chip to show power is getting there.

yea bud used the neo flex..much easier lol....

just a couple of questions:

1. with unmoddable wiis , do they act like no chip is installed.? as ive read over at wiinewz that the drive acts dead with a chip on board.??

2. could it be that the led is dead on the chip.?? causing confusing results.??

i checked the 3v rail and thats fine..checked for shorts...none to be found....i checked this on the mod pcb itself....

when should the blue led be on.?? as its never on in my case....

what numbers are on the chip, is it GC2-D2C or is it GC2-D2C and a 2nd line of text?

the led should light as soon as power is applied to board.

the only thing wrote on the chip is "gc2-d2c" no second row of numbers or letters.....

ill check tommorow as its at work wether the led is dead....could it be that the chip itself is blank and not been programmed.?? or is this very unlikely.???

the no led has thrown me...i will check it with my meter tommorow with the wii powered off....the led should light on diode test with my meter if its ok....

also terminator2k2, post up a pic of the install aswell please :)

accordingb to Ogs, he says that the unmoddable wiis havenr reached UK yet.

hi there, cheers for the replies.....

highlander has reported a unmoddable wii......

right another thought.....what happens when the disk isnt good enough for the wii console.??

i downloaded a game and burned it at 4x using clone cd.....i dont know if it works full stop as i dont have another wii to try it in....the image itself is "mario kart pal wii moment"

will burn again.....but again doesnt answer why the led doesnt light up.....

right another thought.....what happens when the disk isnt good enough for the wii console.??

i downloaded a game and burned it at 4x using clone cd.....i dont know if it works full stop as i dont have another wii to try it in....the image itself is "mario kart pal wii moment"

you got all wires in the right place yeh? no bridging?

what brand media are you using?

i would use Verbatim DVD-R for best compatibility.

what version firmware has your wii got? it should show it in settings menu, at the top

its installed using the neoflex...checked all for shorts, loose conections etc...

the media im using is full face printable RITEKG05 dye...

wii was updated as soon as i switched it on via the net...3.2e i think(cant be sure though)

I very much doubt its an unmoddable one, the latest me or mp3boy has seen is LEH185xxxx these have both lines of text though.

Im sure it should still light up (Argon)

take a pic of your install mate

and post it on here!

i know exactley where your coming from...

(im not new to modding consoles...or smd stuff i rework and solder 100+ leg smd stuff evey day...so not exactley a noob lol .but not an expert either)

i will have a look under the microscope tommorow and take a pic......just wandering....

does the led light up with just +3v and gnd conected up.?

what happens if the chip is faulty or not programmed.??

what happens if the disk is not recognised.?? does this act like a unchipped wii.??

all easy questions but ive never messed with a nintendo wii before, so dont know what to expect in certain conditions....

cheers guys...dying to get back too it...lol......

i know exactley where your coming from...

(im not new to modding consoles...or smd stuff i rework and solder 100+ leg smd stuff evey day...so not exactley a noob lol .but not an expert either)

i will have a look under the microscope tommorow and take a pic......just wandering....

does the led light up with just +3v and gnd conected up.?

what happens if the chip is faulty or not programmed.??

what happens if the disk is not recognised.?? does this act like a unchipped wii.??

all easy questions but ive never messed with a nintendo wii before, so dont know what to expect in certain conditions....

cheers guys...dying to get back too it...lol......

what wire you using for your ground and power? i use 2 kynar wires twisted together for each, works a treat.

ive had 2 argons off highlander last week, both work fine, first time.

its using the neoflex so no wires are used .....just solederd the chip straight to the neo flex, then soldered the points on the neo flex to the position it can only go....

i will solder some wire across just to be on the safe side and eliminate that......

i will leave it till tommorow and investigate this ,then get back with anything i find or dont find lol.......

ahh sorry, didnt read that you used the neoflex,

maybe the neoflex is a bit dodgy?

only true way is to take off the neoflex and use wires for the whole install :)

highlander has reported a unmoddable wii......

Just checking when you put mario kart in have you clicked on the game icon window to see if it want to take a update from the game is mario kart the only game you have tried.

hi there...i turned the wii on this morning, burned mario kart on a different disk.....

it all powered on..even the blue led on the argon....i put my new mario kart in and it worked.....i then ejected the disk to try my old mario kart, then nothing...wrong disk inserted bla bla bla....

i then reset the wii, then the blue led wouldnt light on the argon.....must of been something a miss on the neo flex...so i took it all off and hard wired the chip....now everything is ok...even my old copy of mario kart......he he........

well pleased.....thanks for your help all..much appreciated....

Thanks to highlander for supplying me with the chip at a great price.....:Clap:

cheers chris

hi there...i turned the wii on this morning, burned mario kart on a different disk.....

it all powered on..even the blue led on the argon....i put my new mario kart in and it worked.....i then ejected the disk to try my old mario kart, then nothing...wrong disk inserted bla bla bla....

i then reset the wii, then the blue led wouldnt light on the argon.....must of been something a miss on the neo flex...so i took it all off and hard wired the chip....now everything is ok...even my old copy of mario kart......he he........

well pleased.....thanks for your help all..much appreciated....

Thanks to highlander for supplying me with the chip at a great price.....:Clap:

cheers chris

excellent mate! glad you got it working

Back