Argon 9 wire problem ? D2C2 - C connection ????

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
HI

Fitted a few Argons no prbs but got a D2C2 board here so got latest Argon A3P250 Chip with SPI and flashed no problem with latest final version of f/w.

Connected everything up fine but drive does not power on ?

Anyway removed the C connection and drive powers up fine ??

Any ideas anyone

Thanks

HI

Fitted a few Argons no prbs but got a D2C2 board here so got latest Argon A3P250 Chip with SPI and flashed no problem with latest final version of f/w.

Connected everything up fine but drive does not power on ?

Anyway removed the C connection and drive powers up fine ??

Any ideas anyone

Thanks
did you program the spi flash too?

Yes erased flash then programmed it as instructions. Getting no light on led at all.
Just to confirm the C and d Connections are also bridged and it is connected to the top solder point on RHS of chip which would be the second pin down....

This is getting even stranger. The drive works fine ONLY when prorammer connected and Infectus Software running ????????

When i open/close the softyware it stops/starts the drive spinning ?????????????

Common D2C2 / Argon problem.

Common D2C2 / Argon problem.

Argon are rather cack on d2c2, mind you there are no chips that are great with d2c2 yet, d2pro v2 is probably the best but still has eject issues.

Then we have the head ache of the d2e soon dropping on us!

Yea not looking good mate. Just to confirm the clock point on ( wire Argon is different to the new Wasabi (thus the unreliablity of it.....)
See below -
argon_spi-9wires10.jpg

wasabi-install-lg.jpg

cheers

i think the difference is one is a inverted clock point.....used by the wassabi i think....just uses different triggering on the + or - going pulse.....shouldnt make a difference to how reliable the chip operates though....

Back