argh stupid new company car

robc11

DW Regular
Reaction score
Right before i start this rant, a warning its long!!!!!!!

Well i got a new company car last friday an 08 plate 307 estate picked it up on 89 miles. I was working nights last night in a placed called Brandon in Co Durham (about 30 mins from home) and i had been up since 1pm.I left at 545 this morning as i got about halfway home i heard a clunking coming from under the car somewhere. So i got out to check to see if id ran something over and was dragging it alone, but no. Now obviously i didn't think it would be any parts of the car as it only had 400 odd miles on it to date. So i carried on home and got home at 615. The noise got worse when i got round the corner from home, so basically i just got home. As i went to parallel park the car behind my own the clunks got worse and all of a sudden the car stopped still and wouldn't move. I got out and 2 of the wheel nuts had cam out and were on the floor. Also the locking nut was missing, it must have been the first noise i heard. So the front passenger wheel was on by only one nut! I couldn't move the car and i park on a main bus route and was blocking both sides of the road. So i rang my company to get recovery sorted and the told me they would be there by 820, this was
now coming up to 7. A bus then came and the driver helped me jack it up and put one more bolt on so we could move the car out of the way. The recovery turned up at after half 8 and took me to the local peugeot and i left it with them. Then they didn't have any courtesy cars, so i walked into town to get the bus!!!! Ironically it was the same bus driver who helped me took me home and he never charged lol. I finally got home just before 10. As im writing this i got a call from the garage saying someone had put new tyres on a car that had 89 miles when i picked it up. So it never came from the factory like that, basically someone had taken the wheels off and put them back on but not tight enough. So because of this it aint covered by warranty so they now have to check with lease comapny if they are ok to replace the nuts. Thankfully they are now going to want to know how this happened to a new car, so someone will hopefully get their asses kciked. I am lucky it could have happened at 70mph+ im just grateful it never, but what a carry on. Ive now been up 22 1/2 hours and im fionally off to bed only to be woke up by the garage ringing to say the cars done and im back working again tonight at half 7. GOODNIGHT :yawn2:

thats wierd m8

why would they make a car in a factory, move it to a garage/showroom, then change the tyres?

sounds like bull to me

That's fooking scary!

God knows what would have happened if it had come undone on the motorway.

I once bought a new Peugeot 106 and it had no engine oil.

LOL. 221/2 hours and you still pop on here to rant before going to bed.

Not that it's related but I had a Peugeot a few years back and had nothing but problems. At least it's on the lease co. to sort out. Hope it gets sorted and your back on the road quickly.

Well i got a phone call at 12 saying it was ready so went and pciked it up and went straight back to bed.
thats wierd m8

why would they make a car in a factory, move it to a garage/showroom, then change the tyres?

sounds like bull to me

Some one has fooked up something somewhere lol, it wasn't the lease company it was the garage where they get it from more than likely.I want an explanation from them though!!

Some low paid chav wanted the nice quality tyres on it to sell on, so put on remoulds, he would then keep the difference in sale price, or the whole lot if they are not stock checked regular.

PMSL you may well know Brandon, with it not being to far from you either, my first thoughts were some chav had tried to knick the alloys, only to realise the locking nut was the first one to come off. So obviously no one had tried to knick them.

That's fooking scary!

God knows what would have happened if it had come undone on the motorway.

I once bought a new Peugeot 106 and it had no engine oil.

My thoughts exactly, luckily it was only A roads and no dual carriageways. Still could have been fatal though.

LOL. 221/2 hours and you still pop on here to rant before going to bed.

Not that it's related but I had a Peugeot a few years back and had nothing but problems. At least it's on the lease co. to sort out. Hope it gets sorted and your back on the road quickly.

Lol, i needed to get it off my chest mate regardless of how tired i was, if anything i was worse about it as i was ratty.

Now ive had some sleep im now calmer about it and luckily can see the funny side( well the bright side of it lol) but it could have been different.Im taking the car to the lease co on Friday to check the car over and see if they can fix/replace the alloy, as the brake disc has left a nice scratch in it. All i can say is thank f**k it happened outside my house. Least it isn't my car to have to pi** about with lol, oh and the technician at the garage couldn't believe how loose the nuts were.

Yeah I know Brnadon mate, only 5 maybe 6 miles from me. Not a bad place compared to some to be honest. Not a place I would live but from my taxi days it is not a really bad place, or should I say I was lucky and never got any real trouble from the pricks that live there, lol.

Just to point out you are more likely to die or be seriously injured doing 50/60mph on an A or B road than you are doing 70+ on a motorway if you have a blow out or just happen to leave the road for some reason or other. Not a great topic, but it is true.

Just to point out you are more likely to die or be seriously injured doing 50/60mph on an A or B road than you are doing 70+ on a motorway if you have a blow out or just happen to leave the road for some reason or other. Not a great topic, but it is true.

Cheer's col mate - That's me bro that happened to :Biggrin2: - I have been working in Scotland (we work for the same company) and he phoned to tell me what had happened - Ffs could've been a much worse phone call from our mother....
The reason we know about the tyres being changed is there were 4 Avon tyres on the car and the spare was a Michelin
He drove the car back from Manchester on the Friday he picked it up, i'm more shocked it didn't happen then which would have been worse
SACK THE FUKKER WHO CHANGED HIS TYRES : tosser :

Back