Area fun card help

zs98

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, my mate just gave me his funcard. He said only bbc channels work. He lives in Woolwich area. It is a fun card.

Just want to know what do i do to fix this problem?

Im trying to get his box key and ird number of the card, i clicked on read Read External EEProm and a message came up saying "Flash memory will be erased to access ext. EEprom. If i click yes, will this delete somthings on the card?

Thanks

Save all three to the desktop (flash , internal , external) then read the external and write them back to the card starting with external , then internal then flash

was this card working before ? if so just erase the flash & int eep ( click the down button next to erase then flash & int eep ) load in the current working flash and write.

So, i just take all the 3 files off the card. Then just write the 3 files back to the card, without editing anything? Does anyone if Woolwich is a CW, NTL or C&W.

Before i write the 3 files to the card, do i click on erase to delete the files first?

The card wasnt working before. No channels apeared, only had BBC 1 and 2
Thanks

Last edited:
Can i use the same Ext EE prom or shall i edit it and put the IRD backwards again?

And how do i know which flash for the area to write? He lives in the Woolwich area.

Thanks

Last edited:
When i read the Funcard, is there any way in which i can find out if the card is a NTL, TW OR C&W area?

Thanks for that - will be very useful. Is it possible if i put the card into the programmer then see what area they are on? I have heard that i have to use Nagraedit but that doesnt tell me anything.

Thanks for that - will be very useful. Is it possible if i put the card into the programmer then see what area they are on? I have heard that i have to use Nagraedit but that doesnt tell me anything.

If you have saves the files to your desktop like charlie says then they'll probably be .HEX files so use 'SwapBinHex' to convert these to .BIN files by dragging them over the SwapBinHex program icon.
Then use either TOXIC or RHv1_EEgen to open your external EEP BIN file. It should indicate what area the card is on.

If you have saves the files to your desktop like charlie says then they'll probably be .HEX files so use 'SwapBinHex' to convert these to .BIN files by dragging them over the SwapBinHex program icon.
Then use either TOXIC or RHv1_EEgen to open your external EEP BIN file. It should indicate what area the card is on.

all this guy had to do was delete the old flash on his card, and write the current working one to it. thats it.

all this guy had to do was delete the old flash on his card, and write the current working one to it. thats it.

I know that, its basicaly what charlie senator said in his first post.
But it wasn't what he was asking, he asked if there was a way to find out what area files were for by reading card.

Back