Are Man City ruining English football

PP your perfectly entitled to disagree there is no law against it and I may be wrong but time will tell.

I enjoy players who have a great work ethic, pace, guile and vision to unlock a defence. I think he has all those traits. Ozil was a very good player in the Bundesliga last season. His performances in the World Cup the very top level of the game, were in the main, excellent. He had the very top clubs chasing him and the guys game should only improve.

Personally I think Milner is nothing other than a decent player. Work ethic is good decent pace but personally I dont think he offers much more and for a fee, which has a value of £24m, I would want more than that. I suspect Man City have bought him due to him being English.

The problem is that sky have you believe that the EPL is the best and only league in the world. Personally I dont think it is and I would much rather watch a La Liga game or even most Bundesliga games. I enjoy the quality of football on show better. Most of the best players in the EPL are foreign. Anyone who watched the WC could see that.

I dont support any EPL teams. There are some great games and very good English players like Cole, Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney (the best for me is still Scholes - genius at work) but after that I personally think they are mostly average.

I am old enough to remember real class like Booby Moore, Charlton, Greaves, et al. When your paying circa £24m for a guy like Milner I think its lunacy but thats the madness of the EPL and the Sheikhs with their money to burn. As Greavsey would say "its a funny old game".

Could not give a poo shit what you remember the debate is Ozil v Milner
so the basis of your veiw on my question is he will only improve??????

Yeah right

Milner is a more total football player than mesut is .........................End of

The boys got to learn a whole new pecking order at Real and that will make him or break him

Mind you hes got Sami Khedira s hand to hold his hand

Chelski did the same thing when Russian came over...they sold players on cheap and sent players on loan and paid their wages.
Like Real Madrid have been doing for years they became a player graveyard, and City are doing the same thing but on a slightly bigger level.

City can do what they want...if they feel by spending boatloads of cash will buy them success then thats that, they're trying to copy Chelski but have to do it on a much bigger scale.

It will be interesting to see how they balance the books in few years when the new financial rules from FIFA come into place.

Could not give a poo shit what you remember the debate is Ozil v Milner
so the basis of your veiw on my question is he will only improve??????

Yeah right

Milner is a more total football player than mesut is .........................End of

The boys got to learn a whole new pecking order at Real and that will make him or break him

Mind you hes got Sami Khedira s hand to hold his hand

no need for that crap.

Ozil is better than Milner.......................End of.
His vision, passing, technical ability is superior to Milner. Where Milner surpasses him is tackling and maybe work ethic.

Of course he knows he has to earn a starting place at Real, they wouldnt be one of the biggest clubs in the world if he didnt. From Werder Bremen to Real is a big step in clubs and any player that makes such a switch knows this.

£24 million for Milner? or £12.5 million for Ozil? Most ppl will easily pick Ozil.

In this country your always going to pay over the odds for British players - fact!

Am i wrong in thinking that whatever the club spends will still be the clubs debt if the owners decide to sell up ? Read it somewhere when Abramovich came into power at the chavs. So for example you cannot just give a club 125 million to spend on players, it will still be the responsibility of the club should the owners sell up before turning that loss into profit.

Trouble with City is that although they are attempting to do a Chelsea there still fookin shit lmao. City fans do deserve some success if not just for the loyalty down the years but nobody is ever gonna be convinced it's because they are a great club.

I detect a sign of jealousy here there was no complaints when man united spent millions to build there team up.Perhaps they are getting worried that man city will eventually take over from them and steal there limelight. Whats wrong with trying to build a good team if you have the money to spend on top players.goodluck to them.

As I said at the beginning.
I do not have a problem withMan City buying players and paying them excessive wages.
The problem that I have is with the players that they own being loaned out to other clubs, and being allowed to play against every other team in the league except City.
Also they have changed the outcome of the Championship, because Bellamy would not have gone to Cardiff unless City agreed to pay his wages.

I detect a sign of jealousy here there was no complaints when man united spent millions to build there team up.Perhaps they are getting worried that man city will eventually take over from them and steal there limelight. Whats wrong with trying to build a good team if you have the money to spend on top players.goodluck to them.

You can try and buy success but you cant buy history, ask the chavs. No jealousy here as Utd is a self sufficient organization that earns it's own money and the odd million pound or 70 to service some other tits debt. If say a club like Liverpool could clear their debts they would also have the spending power to become the no1 club once again but be more likely to be able to sustain it due to the make up of the club from grass roots level.
City loaning out players of Bellamy's quality for virtually nothing is not good news for other teams in the championship and it's certainly bad news for the youth players attempting to break into teams (especially if this type of crap escalates). It is however great news for viewers of the championship as it raises the overall standard of the league.

I do not have a problem withMan City buying players and paying them excessive wages.
The problem that I have is with the players that they own being loaned out to other clubs, and being allowed to play against every other team in the league except City.
Also they have changed the outcome of the Championship, because Bellamy would not have gone to Cardiff unless City agreed to pay his wages.

All this because of the 25 man squad limit and City having to clear out some of the dead wood bloody quickly. Seems like good business on their part really, they would have lost out big time on the transfer fee's with other clubs knowing City would have to cut their losses. Now they can at least hold out for a decent fee in the next window an they dont even have to pay all the wages lol. I cant see it lasting though as some rule will be brought in if the loaning of players is excessive as if to cause a major shift in the leagues.

ah these comments are great, seem to overlook (or ignore) the difference between spending money made from success and spending money on the new plaything of a mega-rich owner.

There are no big fusses made in football world when clubs like Man United, Milans, Barcelona, etc spend cash because it has been generated through on field success and global marketing.

In the 1990s Man United started to push their global marketing, which of course was hugely helped by their onfield successes. They had by far the biggest profits out of all the english teams and one of the biggest out of world clubs.
Since americans took over and they love marketing, they have pushed it even further, but of course any extra profits made via that is negated by their retarded debt they saddled club with.

What has manchester city done to get all their money their spending? O right nothing.
Man United fans can be proud of the fact that the success of their team in the last 20 years was earnt, City can spend what they want to try to buy success, but they seem to ignore the impending FIFA financial regulations coming to play in few years. They are hoping that within few years they will be consistently winning competitions and hav a settled team that they wont have to buy any more players, and of course build up a huge global marketing image that the elite european clubs currently have.

Loan deals happen all the time with the parent club paying most of the wages. Why all the fuss now?

Bellamy wanted to come home and be with his family and play for his hometown club. Whats wrong with that.

Loan deals happen all the time with the parent club paying most of the wages. Why all the fuss now?

Bellamy wanted to come home and be with his family and play for his hometown club. Whats wrong with that.

Loan deals happen to give inexperienced up and coming players the opportunity of 1st team football.
I don't know where you get the impression that the parent club usually pays most of the wages, because to my knowledge the loan club not only pays the wages but they usually pay a loan fee as well.

As for Bellamy just wanting to come home to play for his hometown club.
He wouldn't have done it if all he got was what Cardiff could afford to pay him.

Loan deals are decided on between the two clubs concerned. Sometimes the parent club pays the majority, sometime times the receiving club does. It's a contract between the two clubs and got **** all to do with anyone else. A lot of Chamionship clubs loan players from the prem and pay a fraction of the wage. How else would they be able to loan them, they can't afford to pay Prem wages.
Championship clubs loan to league one who pay a percentage of the wage and so on and so on. It's a way of lowering the wage bill and getting rid of fringe players not just young players. It how some teams survive and stay competitive outside the top flight.

Do you think Santos paid anywhere near all of Robiniho's wages last season? Didn't hear a fuss then.

Man city are happy, Cardiff are happy and Bellamy's happy. Anyone else can go do one.

Last edited:
Do you think Santos paid anywhere near all of Robiniho's wages last season? Didn't hear a fuss then.

Actually there was a fuss, though it was afterwards as Santos won 2 titles with Robinho in the squad, when previously they hadnt for several years, think he also top scored for them in the domestic cup (which they won).

There's a fuss about this Bellamy deal because it is to do with english leagues, i doubt anyone would give a damn if it was to any country's league.

It's a great deal for Cardiff, and other championship clubs would wish they could get similar deals. We'll see at end of season whether bellamy loan had any effect, if Cardiff get promoted then there will definitely be lot more talk.

Loan deals are decided on between the two clubs concerned. Sometimes the parent club pays the majority, sometime times the receiving club does. It's a contract between the two clubs and got **** all to do with anyone else. A lot of Chamionship clubs loan players from the prem and pay a fraction of the wage. How else would they be able to loan them, they can't afford to pay Prem wages.
Championship clubs loan to league one who pay a percentage of the wage and so on and so on. It's a way of lowering the wage bill and getting rid of fringe players not just young players. It how some teams survive and stay competitive outside the top flight.

Man city are happy, Cardiff are happy and Bellamy's happy. Anyone else can go do one.

From a personal point of view, I hope that bellamy is injured in the first couple of games, as cardiff have a massive advantage with bellamy playing for them, and could be the difference with them going up or not.

From a personal point of view, I hope that bellamy is injured in the first couple of games, as cardiff have a massive advantage with bellamy playing for them, and could be the difference with them going up or not.

well said:Clap:

What about Wales then?? Now go and sell your pegs you gippo jack.

PS he was awesome today. Howd you get on at norwich??

no need for that crap.

Ozil is better than Milner.......................End of.

£24 million for Milner? or £12.5 million for Ozil? Most ppl will easily pick Ozil.

No need for what my opinion .............

As for your mystic meg prediction of King Ozil ,I dont think so Flash in the pan: tosser :: tosser :: tosser :

What about Wales then?? Now go and sell your pegs you gippo jack.

PS he was awesome today. Howd you get on at norwich??

Swim away scum. Swim away.

And the league is a marathon and not a sprint, HMRC will be shutting you down shortly.

Back