Are Hotpoint any good ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if Hotpoint washers or washer dryers are any good, more to the point, are they reliable or just cheap sh*t

Sure it was hotpoint tumble dryers that were bursting into flames recently.

Id give that company a wide birth.

I read that but I think that's the tumble dryers that were doing that

Their brands also include the likes of Whirlpool, Creda and Indesit. Been trading in the UK for a 100 years.
Yeah, best give them a wide berth, ;)

ummmm looks like there's two of you with entirely different opinions :)
I decided to look at Samsung and they've been on fire then Grundig , yep same ... looks like they all go up in flames eventually

Last edited:
Try Blomberg
I can really recommend them for price and reliability.
Hotpoint are crap these days

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole m8,worse customer service I have ever had to deal with.

might have to agree as i have a warm hotpoint fridge,i also ended up getting a bosch dishwasher.

With all the fire risk reports for Hotpoint dryers and also fridge freezers . Why would anyone in their right mind want to put their family at risk with products from the Whirpool company.

They have not even dealt with the problem in a manner you would expect.

Millions of tumble dryers sold between April 2004 and September 2015 are a potential fire risk, the manufacturer has said. We reported that some customers had been told they would have to wait months for an engineer to visit to fix their machines.

Around 200,000 are still awaiting repair by parent company Whirlpool, according to the firm's own figures. However, it's now updated the safety notice websites for the affected brands to state that if your tumble dryer is affected by this issue "you should unplug it and do not use it until the modification has taken place".

The firm said it had made the change because "Trading Standards have notified us that updated usage advice should be communicated to affected consumers".

In a statement Whirlpool added: "We are now very close to having provided resolutions for all those customers who have registered so far. To date, 1.5 million consumers have registered and of these, we have resolved more than 1.3 million cases. We expect all those registered to have been resolved within a matter of weeks. Typically, it now takes less than a month between a customer registering and being visited by an engineer."

How to check if your machine's affected
If you've a Hotpoint, Indesit or Creda tumble dryer sold between April 2004 and September 2015, there's a chance you may need an engineer visit (though Whirlpool-branded machines are not affected).

To check if your machine requires a repair, you can visit the safety websites of Hotpoint, Indesit or Swan (another affected brand) and enter your model and serial numbers. Owners of Creda machines can check the Hotpoint website.

All those mentioned are stand alone condenser dryers dated pre 2015 I'm after a new washer dryer

I took a chance on a Hotpoint , a
RD1176JD_WH | Hotpoint washer dryer |11kg capacity | ao.com
So far so good, I got it locally to me from a large company who sell slightly damaged goods. Their shop returns that get scratched knocks or bangs in transit . I ended up paying £370.
So far it's been really good and alot quiter than the LG i had. I bought a fire extinguisher just in case :)

I think the clue is in the name of the manufacturer but sounds like a smoking hot deal....

lol....red hot deal :) so just out of curiosity, which brand washer dryers or combi's do people use on here ?

I have had an integrated Bosch washer since 2006 and it is still going strong. I had a Bendix washer before that for 14 years which I had to change the bearings on after 10 years. It was still working when I gave it away but I don't think they build washer as good now a days. So I have had two washers in 25 years lol . I think the Bendix was nearly £500 and the Bosch was nearly £600...

I had a bendix only got rid as it wasn't big enough. It took some serious stick.
If you type
("Any electrical brand) recall washer dryer freezer" in google you'll find every brand were someone's had a machine and its set on fire or the company has or is recalling faulty machine.
Which says to me their all sh:t

Back