Arctic monkeys reach number 1

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheffield rockers Arctic Monkeys romped straight to the top of the British singles' chart on Sunday, with their second release knocking girl trio the Sugababes off number one.

"I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" ousted "Push The Button" to second place after three weeks at the top, the Official UK Charts Company said.

The Arctic Monkeys have built up a growing band of fans
and have been touted as a coming musical force with NME magazine dubbing them "the most talked about band in Britain."

In third slot was "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" another new entry from the McFly boys who pushed Robbie Williams' "Tripping" into fourth place.

The song, taken from his first album in two years, failed to reach the top spot when it debuted three weeks ago.

The Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha", featuring New York rapper Busta Rhymes, slipped two positions to fifth while Chicago hip-hop producer Kayne West was up one at six with "Gold Digger".

At number seven was "Baby Goodbye" the debut single from Friday Hill, made up of three members of the boy band Blazin Squad.

Canadian singer-songwriter Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" showed no sign of losing its popularity in its 13th week in the charts by holding steady at number eight.

At nine was Jamaican DJ Sean Paul with "We be Burnin'", while rounding off the top ten was TV talent show band Liberty X's "Song 4 Lovers".

i like the riot song

Back