Arachnophobia

thebigman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Afraid of spiders, check out this badboy. My wife and daughter were terrified and wouldn't go to bed till I got it out the house.

thebigman

I have seriously bad arachnophobia....mind you I watched the movie as a child....big mistake! They make my skin crawl....

You should have seen the reaction when I chucked a plastic one at them about fifteen minutes later:FRIGHT:

thebigman

aye your getting more and moreof them about the house, i used to be terrible but i will pick the little ones up now, but not that size.....

I canny even look at the things, lol

Eeeeek!

Phobias are amazin arent they.Not knockin u arachs but i and probably many others who dont suffer like yous do am totally amazed when a grown adult is turned into a quivering wreck by something so harmless.i cant stand wasps cos I KNOW they will sting me for fun and it feckin hurts.Locked in a room with a tiger or a monitor lizard that will have u for dinner - now thats terror i reckon.those of u who do suffer - would u be cool cuddlin up to a rottweiler who could tear ur face off whenever it felt like it? Like i said,not havin a go but maybe someone can try to explain wot happens inside when u encounter a crawlie

I think you nailed it pretty well....quivering wreck lol....esp with the big fookers....hairs on the back on the arm stood up....sweaty palms....quickening of the heartrate....the whole nine yards. But that's not the worst (or funniest) of it....because people that have arachnaphobia will do anything to get out of the room where the spider is....then when it starts moving....gives me the shivers just thinking about it, I don't kill them but I can't abide by them.

When i was about twelve or thirteen the girl next door used to have a pet spider that she kept in a match box, it was a big black hairy one, barely fitted in the matchbox, anyway she used to let it run all over her hand and arms and i did too lol

Anyway when i was pregnant i developed a phobia about spiders, i think it's fairly common for women, something to do with ancient instincts coming out to protect the children, and would go into hysterics if i saw one.

But now i can pick them up and put them outside, have been much better the last couple of years. Not the really big ones though, i have to get a brush and pan for them.

Back