appointments with surgery

Manny

Member ++
Reaction score
does anyone else have problems, when youre sick and wanna see the doc, the earliest appointment you will get is 3-4 days time? by that time youre out of the worse stage of your sickness. i tell them it doesnt matter.
sometimes have to go to the walk in centre.

3-4 days...you are lucky, its more like 1-2 weeks for our surgery although there is the walk in at the hospital if it is really bad.

Well you can make an appointment with our doctor's surgery if you want a guaranteed time, but they also have open surgery, Mon-Fri 8.30-10.00 AM. Just turn up and wait.

I think they take on more patients than they can handle especially now our population is growing very quickly, I must say I can see my doc same day as they don't have the appointment system its just call on the day and if there is a slot, its a first call first serve thing however you can be seen up to 2 1/2 hrs late but if you get there 5 mins late your appointments cancelled.

I would also recommend you schedule your illnesses and give the doctors a fortnight notice. I try to time mine so as it is at its worst stage i am then reaching my appointment date.

If you want I also have the next 3 months lottery numbers but my powers fail me after that. lol

heh. if i wanted... i could quite easily see my GP within 1-2 hours.

Complain to your local PCT and request a reason for the delay in writing ....

Most PCT's take a dim view of long delays ....

3-4 days, wished i had that round here!!

today went doctors, asthma playing up for the first time in a long time!! nurse on holiday, doctors delayed by sum meeting... receptionist wont givine me prescription for my pumps insisting i got to see a doc. i waited, half an hour later there still in meeting... by then 23 people waiting in the surgery... and i was coughing away... i told her just print of the prescription and ill book appointment with nurse.... which is in mid june and thats da earliest!!

As said before, 3-4 days isn't too bad. When me and the Missus got together we had seperate Dr's practices, and she was amazed that I managed to get an appointment so quickly. I rang her surgery for her when she was ill to get her an appointment and was told 2 weeks. I understood why she was so shocked then.

She joined the same practice as me soon after that...

in all honesty you guys need a woman.....................
a couple of months ago i ricked my neck and i could only move my head by turning my whole body, and couldn't get in or out of bed as it tensed muscle in neck and it just spasemed.
as i spend half my day driving to customers sites i felt it was to dangerous for me to drive, at 11:00 i rang the doctors to get my neck checked out that it wasn't anything more serious than a pulled muscle, i was told 3 days time etc etc like you guys. At 11:15 the mrs rang me to ask how i got on so i told her at 11:20 she rang me back and said she would be home at 12:00 from work to pick me up as i had an appointment at 12:10............i was well impressed.

Back