iPhone Apple MFi Certified Lightning USB Charger Cable , which ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I see loads listed on eBay and I do know StormFront are genuine MFi cables but are there any abit cheaper than £7.99 as my lot go through them like hot butter through a knife ?. Range the DIY store nr me stock Juice cable £2.99 I'm not sure if these are certified.
The reason is, I've had daughters iphone in twice for the same thing, blown chip and the guy said it's highly likely that, if she's using cheap £1 cables it's them.
He mentioned something about a chip in the cable and been certified and that alot use fake chips which can blow the "tristar"? dont quote me on that chip. even if they were £4-£5 that would be better as I need 3-4

Any eBay guys doing MFi legit cables ?, loads claim they are but at a £1 I just can't see that been right

Last edited:
You can get cables for £1 in the pound store. I use these, and stock up on them as they normally stop working after a while. Never had a problem with the chip blowing in the phone though.

I think my daughter doesn't help the case by charging and using it, playing music, messaging and all at the same time but I must say, the last 2 times it's gone its blown on those £1 jobs so I'm not gonna run the risk thats if I can help it.

The MFi just means they've been checked out by Apple and probably charged whoever an arm and a leg for this service but I cannot see those £1 jobs been any good. Anker & Juice do them for around £5-£8 and a company called Unbreakable do them which, after watching a few vids seem ultra tough.
UNBREAKcable Lightning iPhone Charger Cable - 3.3ft: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Last edited:
I think my daughter doesn't help the case by charging all the time and using it, playing music and messaging all at the same time but I must say, the last 2 times it's gone its blown on those £1 jobs so I'm not gonna run the risk thats if I can help it.

The MFi just means they've been checked out by Apple and probably charged whoever an arm and a leg for this service but I cannot see those £1 jobs been any good. Anker & Juice do them for around £5-£8 and a company called Unbreakable do them which, after watching a few vids seem ultra tough.
UNBREAKcable Lightning iPhone Charger Cable - 3.3ft: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Those unbreakable ones look good. Let me know how you get on with them if you grab some. Kids break ours all the time, hence me only buying the £1 ones. If these are truly unbreakable, then it will be a god send.

UNBREAKcable Nylon Braided Lightning iPhone Charger Cable MFi for iPhone 1m & 2m | eBay

Abit cheaper here the nylon ones, just thinknig of ordering a couple. Saying that, I might nip down Range again. I honestly didn't know about the know about the MFi as I don't use Apple but the guy at the repair shop who's a sound guy said. I sell both, cheap and decent MFi certified ones for a tenner but most go for the cheaper cable. He said repairing the power on the main board (think he said tristar) is my forte, I do 15-20 a week. Those who buy decent cables after I repair rarely come back. For the sake of a couple of quid extra gotta be worth a pop.
I think Tesco do the Juice MFi ones as well Im heading there now so I'll take a peak.

Order online ,£14 and £18 each them Juice ones in Tesco's. They had loads of certified ones at £8 but they look no better quality cable wise than the pound shop jobs. I'll try the Unbreakable and I'm in no doubt she'll f**kin break that

Back