Apple Iphone 6+ repair

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have the skills to repair an iPhone 6+ , I tried to change the screen and now I don't have anything and not sure what I have done.

Any help appreciated

Sometimes a battery reset will fix that problem. Disconnect and reconnect battery

hi tried that I think I may have shorted someting

think im going to put it on the bay

Can you get anything on the original faulty screen (I'm assuming it's just cracked up)

The replacement may be faulty/ incompatible cheapo?

no mate the same on both now , I was getting apple logo boot but nothing now

You might of not connected the screen to motherboard correctly and shorted out the board, I had this problem and took to a shop, and with his new screen could not get nothing up.
Honestly sell it on eBay mate, otherwise would cost about £150 to repair.

If the old screen was just cracked but working put it back on and see if it fires up, this way you'll know if it's the new screen or the phone that's at fault.

Also, clip/unclip the new screen from the mobo a few times, it could one of those finicky clips just not sat down right. You'd have to have been really unlucky to short it

Did you disconnect the battery before attempting to replace the screen else you've probably blown the ic chip that controls the backlight.

maybe this is what has happened as the battery was not disconected

I have always disconnected the battery just to be on the safe. As said if you don’t bed the clips correctly can cause issues....

Yeah always take the battery off , you can catch the on button on the side while the screens off and be stickin it in while the juice is a following.

I got that quote from reading to many Razzle in my youth

maybe this is what has happened as the battery was not disconected

Carefully have a look - does the phone turn on (screen should be very faint) - can you call it when its turned on to be sure if it is the backlight ic chip?

Back