Aol Through Ntl

wavetech

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi peeps,i have a gold aol subscription i am currently using one of those silver ntl cable modems..i have bought a linksys router and would like to use 2 pcs on aol however it wont connect through the router ,i have done all the usual clone mac addy etc it just wont work!!!!! any can network normal ntl broadband its a piece of piss ...any one have any answers why aol is harder with a router.or can anyone give me step by step instructions ..thanks in advance

It could be because NTL is Cable Broadband and AOL is ADSL Broadband which needs a BT line.

Could be wrong but I dont think it will be compatible.

Nah As You Are Probably Aware Aol Do Not Support Networking Neither Do Ntl

a home networking setup working with AOL accessed via NTL cable....
The key thing to know, is that AOL uses PPoE for authenticating connections, and you need to specify a screen name (including the @aol.com bit) and password for authentication.

I found this doc (which you can only read via their browser) http://aolsvc.aol.com/ams/clickThru...47986231x2147631741,aol://1722:homenetworking, which whilst not 100% relevant, advises to set up a new screen name for the router, with no parental controls, short password etc.
hope that helps

cheers nikeus you are right all working now thanks for your help

Back