Anyone using a Passive CPU heatsink?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
The fan on my HSF is very noisy and I'd love to do away with the fan completely. Does anyone use a passive heatsink to cool their CPU, if so - what's your opinion of them?

The fan on my HSF is very noisy and I'd love to do away with the fan completely. Does anyone use a passive heatsink to cool their CPU, if so - what's your opinion of them

they are 100% relaible if set up right they need a constant airflow blowing thru them and a powerfull exhaust in your system to get rid of any lingering temperatures try a Thermalright HR-01

hope this helps you m8i

Cheers mate. :)

A powerfull exhaust will need a fan as will generating constant airflow, that will mean replacing a single fan with TWO! lol

I'm probably better off going for a silent fan from my heatsink.

Cheers mate. :)

A powerfull exhaust will need a fan as will generating constant airflow, that will mean replacing a single fan with TWO! lol

I'm probably better off going for a silent fan from my heatsink.

the ac freezer pro a cracker mate you cant hear it, plus have u tried turning down ur cpu cooler with speedfan?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Tried Speedfan mate, infact I'm running it right now and it's still too noisy :)

My GPU also has a massive loud fan on it, I'll need to get that thing quietened aswell :)

mabye the fan on ur psu is making a lot of noise aswell?

i turned the fan rigth down wie spedfan but my psu made all teh noise cause i've only got the one case fan in my pc and it is connected to a fan controller

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back