Anyone used one of these?

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey fellas
just been having a look around for a sat box for a friend, looking for something really easy to use, was gonna go with a dm 500s, but i saw this. has ethernet port, can do hd, and runs linux. from the screenshots the menus look very simple to use
Solomend HD PVR 800, HD PVR 800, the cheapest HD800 receiver
just after some opinions on the easiest box to use ( friend is an ex cable user so simplicity is a big factor)
cheers
:Clap:

hmmmm, if this is just a clone of a clone and accepts dreambox imgs i might have just found my back up box for a project.

might be time to contact them and ask whats the deal with it.

EDIT.
£125 WITH POSTAGE VIA PAYPAL.

hmmmm, if this is just a clone of a clone and accepts dreambox imgs i might have just found my back up box for a project.

might be time to contact them and ask whats the deal with it.

EDIT.
£125 WITH POSTAGE VIA PAYPAL.

Dont qoute me but from what am reading it doesnt support dreambox images

Something else i noticed on this box !

"Linux Operating System, support CCcam sharing protocal, PVR (store in USB disk ), Universal CI and CA ports"

PVR (store in USB disk ) no support for internal hdd ?

shows the same information further on

10) Support PVR(store in USB disk);

warlord

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SE-anHI5w&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - SatHawk PVR800 DVB-S DVB-2 HD Satellite FTA Receiver Menu[/ame]

worth muting it

Got one of these on the way, worth a shot for £125, reports are the HD is stable, runs Cc and Mgcam fine

I noticed these on alibaba the other week, they do look very well priced and if they have a good HD picture with CCAM 2.1.4 support...look a very intresting option.
I just assumed they were some of clone as i'd never heard of them and decided not to bother..

Make sure you do a review if you get one, and provide some details on what images are running on this device and stability exc

- Very good price for a Linux HD box...and it supports PVR.. £125..why bother with a DM 800 Clone or a TM800 if this thing works well at £125....thats 40 quid cheaper than a clone DM800...and a whole 125 quid cheaper than a TM800 !! Half the Price !

- Looks to be made in China, this box is also known as the Sathawk PVR 800, it has a USB port which can be used to conenct external flash drive or Har Disc for PVR, maybe even USB to SATA.

http://www.sathawk.tv/PVR800/SatHawk-PVR800.html

- From some US forums it appeard to be getting regular firmware updates
- only seems to support upto 1080i (no 1080p).
- Getting some decent reviews on US forums.

Another US forum reports these as a Ferguson Ariva 200 Clone...

Ariva 200 clones

Azbox S900HD (firmware tested on arivia200 - works fine )
Edision argus mini IP
Vizyon 10000
Megasat HD 800
SatHawk PVR800
Edision vip
Edision vip 2

Looks great, though would have prefered to have internal storage available, if it's a PVR. Also only running 1080i means you wont get 1080p playback.

Other than that, looks a great box. Look forward to a review.

Nope dont think they do they yet..1080i is max broadcast res i've seen. But it means if this device can play back high def movies from PVR i.e hard disc or USB flash drive it for example if you have a 1080p bluray rip you wont be able to watch in 1080p...no big deal considering..the price of the unit.

Im guessing the software image is probabably "no frills" with no majorfeatures or plugins available..probabably bog standard...But doesnt really matter if all you want is CCCAM compatibility it run 2.1.4 apparently, PVR and HD output.

agreed - no one broadcasts in 1080p, as "gsmtech" mentioned, I was more concerned over playpack of 1080p, as the machine is described as a PVR, so you would expect it to be able to play back full HD.

agreed - no one broadcasts in 1080p, as "gsmtech" mentioned, I was more concerned over playpack of 1080p, as the machine is described as a PVR, so you would expect it to be able to play back full HD.

But surely you wouldnt be able to record in 1080p in pvr anyhow if 1080p broadcast isnt available anyhow?

Nice looking box if one can get hd just over 100 quid, total bargain and perhaps the next thing in:)

- No you cant record in 1080p
- The point was say for example you downloaded a 1080p HD film from a torrent, or NZB etc.. and put it on a USB flash drive or hard drive..conencted to this box..you wouldnt be able to play it back in 1080p..
- But agreed price point looks very intresting..surprised theres not been any real mention of these yet...they seem to be more popular in the US..

yes im not bothered by the lack of 1080p playback, we all agree for the price it seems good enough on paper to give it a try, hope it turns up soon.

Looks good for a basic HD CCcam sharing box and looks like there are plenty of regular software updates and most owners seem very happy with the box.

I have one of these boxes lads. Few major problems.
1. The Ac3 sound on the hd channels wont work through hdmi( maybe some very new tvs). You will have to hook the box up to an external amp.

2. The box keeps crashing while watching hd channels. There was new firmware released lately to fix this. Some people are saying its fixed,some still having problems. My spider works fine with my c lines from two different servers, this box just dosent seem to work. Sd channels are grand on my Sly share on this box.

3. The remote is rubbish,the sensor is soldered on the wrong side. There is a fix for this which involves opening the remote and moving the sensor. The newer boxes are ment to have fixed this problem.

So in all honesty I cant recomend it to ye lads, even at the price unless these
problems are sorted.

Back