Anyone use electric shaver (philishave)

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Bought a decent enough one on the amazon sale tried it there and my face is on fooking fire! lol granted decent enough shave for an electric but my word doesnt have set the face on fire!?

dont press top hard lol,take a few weeks for skin to become accustomed to them

lol hope it gets used to it soon lol was an hour ago and still roasting lol

just started using electric myself

try boot's electric pre shave and aftershave balm got mine on offer 3 for 2

got Aftershave as well think it was about a fiver for all 3..

just started using electric myself

try boot's electric pre shave and aftershave balm got mine on offer 3 for 2

got Aftershave as well think it was about a fiver for all 3..

ffs you wont smell out of place at ibrox with an aftershave in a 3 for £5 range :)

in all seriousness cheers for the tip about the electric preshave will look into that.

I cant use electric shavers cos they rip the face off me too, wet shave for me

I have used Braun for years... never got on with wet shaves the more blades they gave me the less I wanted to hack myself to bits..

was just buying pre electric and balm to try and the assistant said take another for free thought I had lifted another pre electric but got home and found out it was aftershave.

noticed a difference using pre electric tho and the balm calms the heat down

after a while it does get better don't really need to use it as much just depends how heavy growth gets

definately took me a few weeks to get used to it. And some face cream from the mrs was helpful after shaving as well.

Also try shaving morning and evening to begin with, I heard that can help.

Last edited:
Yes m8 pre shave is the best way but make sure you don't press on to hard and go in all directions to ensure a smooth shave. it's best to shave first thing in the morning before you have a wash get a better shave.

Not all expensive aftershaves are the best depends on people metabolism and skin, some of the cheaper ones smell nicer on some people.

Tried a few...the best ones out there are the coolskin range . they are amazin !

When i first started using electric, it used to set my face on fire, I never used pre shave and carried on once a day. After a couple of weeks of heat your skin gets used to it.

I use 'Clinique' face scrub before i shave and 'Clinique' M lotion straight after, skin is in great nick now, and I can shave as often as I want now.

I bought a Phillips CoolShave but I've given up on it,no matter on much Nivea anti irritation cream I put on my neck I always ended up with a nasty rash which lasted a few days.
Gone back to wet shaving now

Never used anything but since I stopped wet shaving and never had any problems.

Back