Anyone upgraded their car headlights to LED recently - Advice wanted.

Arthur Daley

DW Regular
Reaction score
Well the recent cold snap has put pay to one of my dipped beam headlight bulbs. I removed it to see which type it was and decided I might as well upgrade them both while I'm at it. Googled for some alternatives and these type of things came up. They come either with or without cooling fans and also mini ones which I assume allow you to get the weather proofing plastic cap back on after you have changed the bulb over?

I don't know of anyone who has bought them to replace the original tungsten ones but wondered if anyone here has and are they as good as they appear in the adds?

Thanks for any info :) LED Bulb 2.jpgLED Bulb.jpg

Ive used these types on front fog lights but they did not last long and it will give errors on the can bus cause it thinks the bulb has gone. You can buy rectifiers but mine did not work on my A6. They get hot aswell. Then you need to match the colour with your headlights. Stick with good halogen bulbs.

One thing with good old fashioned halogen bulbs as they keep your headlamps warm and clear in a snow storm.What weather is in UK now??

Well, I change it on my vw passat 2008 and they work exelent. But I must remind you not to buy chinese cheap sheet. I put Osram and is ok

Back