anyone up on door closers ?

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
any off you chaps know how to adjust this door closer ? as it bangs shut
looked on u-tube but couldn't find much --- i don't want to start a screw driver attack until i know what am doing
cheers

Attachments

• door closer.jpg
    door closer.jpg
    922.8 KB · Views: 18
Sorry, i don't have an answer for the question, but i used to have doors at home that made a God awful bang, and found an excellent dampener was the littly stick on black rubber things beneath an Ambit Modem. :)

any off you chaps know how to adjust this door closer ? as it bangs shut
looked on u-tube but couldn't find much --- i don't want to start a screw driver attack until i know what am doing
cheers

there is 2 screws one is for the strength of the close and the other is the speed.

in the top right of the picture attached that is the strength and on the side that is the speed. try fiddling around with both until you have it the way you like.

One thing to note is that the bar that goes onto the top of door closer can be taken off and put on at another direction to further increase/decrease the strength. Usually 90 degrees from the back of the door closer is what is recommended for most door closers i have fitted but i don't recognize the make you have but it does look similar to dorma. What make is it?

from what i can see in the picture that door doesnt look like a firedoor and shouldn't need an door closer that big unless there is an awful draft coming from the room.

Thats an Arrow door closer that seems to have lost it's cover, or have you taken it off.

The Speed adjusts how fast it closes up to the point it's almost closed, then the latching adjustment makes it slam. It's meant for doors that need that extra power to overcome things like locks or latches that are strong.

You can adjust the latching to stop it slamming shut.

As door closers get older they need adjustment to compensate for the fluid inside becoming thinner, and also in the summer when it's warm they tend to close faster. The comes a point when you have to replace a door closer because the fluid is just too crap to overcome the spring.Capture2.PNG

Last edited:
Back