Anyone still using the DM500's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthjkr

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just found my old box and was looking to start using it again, is anyone supporting updates for them anymore?

Saw some posts from 2012 so thinking the unit is past its life.

People still use them for various duties although maybe not HD i suppose the most use is for Hosting a card and sharing out, I still have one and its OK for a second box no complaints here. As for images still a few available and probably the most popular is the Commando image still supported even now.

use it still for non viewing purposes

plenty images about mate

i bought DM500S by last year problem now i can only see the free channels can any one help me to add the image

Adding a new image will not get you back the premium channels, you need to understand how you got those channels then you will be able to get them back. I suggest you google cccam. sharing.

I have had one for 3 years now. Still works a treat.

I have had one for 3 years now. Still works a treat.

Me too, well, two actually. One down in the lounge that we watch telly on, and the other up here in my den, where Commando keeps on improving, via online updates, LOL! The last one being 04 June 2013. DM500 images don't come much fresher than that...

And before anyone kicks in with "But OpenPLi is updated nightly", I'd reply "Yes, but it's basically the same 2009 image being rebuilt by a robot each night, LMAO!"

Cheers- AL ;)

I have a few 500's for the kids - they are reliable and adaptable and cheaper than freesat boxes!!

I've just bought one. NZ freeview sat channels are not in HD anyway, and you can get them preconfigured with an image to descramble the aussie channels that remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back