anyone recommendations on series to watch

Just watching Stranger Things - not really one for these kind of series but thought it was ok. The second series is out at the end of the month also.

Been watching Mr Merecedes based on a Stephen King novel. Brendan Gleeson in the lead role. Worth a watch @shaun127
Have you watched The Night of and Fargo also worth a watch..
What did you think of Ozark as I have not seen that yet...

Last edited:
I am enjoying Mr Merecedes but have caught up and waiting for the next episode. Just started watching American crime story, its about the O.J Simpson case, has a good cast. I really like Narcos and look forward to the next series. The night of is only one series but worth watching if you like crime drama. Also have you watched The Wire, its an old one but worth watching. @shaun127

No I havent watched the Wire Avid mate I keep meaning to as I have it on HDD along with the some other old stuff I never got round to watching. Ill have alook at american crime story also Cheers. Ive just downloaded Mr Mercedes up to episode 7 so will take a look at that.

I watched the first episode of Texas rising last night on My5, really enjoyed it. it's based just after the fall of the Alamo.

Band Of Brothers, watched it in the 80's and just got the box set and working my way through again, excellent

Band of Brothers was excellent I have watched it several times over the years. Have you seen the series they made after it called Pacific, also worth a watch....

Might be off your choose genre but anyone that has not watched Spartacus should in my opinion.
Brilliant!! Loved John Hannah as Batiatus, a Greek with a prominent Scottish accent. Some of his lines were classics and here is a taster.
"Words fall from mouth like sh*t from ass". The sex was a bit raw as well.

Back