Anyone recommend a new boiler ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

Need a new boiler for house and not got a clue with regards make/price etc.

The prices seem crazy on some and want something cheap as possible.

Anyone advise.

Cheers

What boiler / system is in use already m8 , ? combi or conventional with copper cylinder in airing cupboard upstairs ?

Personally i would convert if it was conventional to a combination system myself less noise / hassle and more space :proud:

All old back boiler/cylinder has been removed by me mate. Just need new boiler now.

I have been offered a Valliant Turbomax 828E combi for free, fully serviced/working but one side of the connections are missing when it was removed (all 5).

Not sure if it meets regs now though ?

All old back boiler/cylinder has been removed by me mate. Just need new boiler now.

I have been offered a Valliant Turbomax 828E combi for free, fully serviced/working but one side of the connections are missing when it was removed (all 5).

Not sure if it meets regs now though ?

Sorry got to ask
Why would you not try the freebie if it aint no good then get a better/newer 1. Valliant are one of the best rated makes and this was prob gained from older models like the one you mentioned. All i can say is make sure you get a corgi reg person to check your work thoughrally(spelling?). Wouldnt want you to kill yourself :Fish:

The vaillant turbomax wouldn,t meet current regs as not a condensing boiler and the five valves missing will set you back quite a bit.

But as the previous poster has stated vaillant best boiler on the market and would recommend the Ecotec 831 if you have a 3 bed property with 1 bathroom.

Not cheap but like all things you either pay more initially or pay more later.

I doubt i could fit it as mentioned above, it is going in a rented house as well. It is spotless and would work a treat no doubt.

Anyone recommend one ?

Cheers

Back