VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Spain where people we got talking to said
They paid €500 for the insulation which was a small mesh dish plus the box
Plus tuning it in then pays €15 a month
I have a attached pics of the box anyone know what it is

Last edited:
I have no idea what reciver it is but do you know what channels it picks up

this is probably in a densly populated area where local 'groups' rebroadcast television on different frequencies, highly illegal but highly proffitable, pinkhelmets will know more about it

I have no idea what reciver it is but do you know what channels it picks up

I got that wrong just spoke to misses she said the person paid 499 euros for 10 channels no monthly fee.
Sky sport 1 & 2 isn’t included
If you wanted the larger package it was 799 euros and 15 euros per month

its not limited to densly populated areas really, in many areas there is as much coverage as any mobile phone operator and that includes lots of remote places. The receivers used to be budget 'coship' receivers but now they are just extremely cheap budget Korean unbranded units but there are different ones with different tuners and i dont recognise that one.
If you dont have a 'downconverter' box thats connected to the aerial feed then its worth trying a different receiver to see what you can scan in, because there isnt a cardslot so maybe not encrypted? However it could be a cable tuner based receiver depending on the electronics outside, there really are dozens of different options. Since its a neighbour then i suppose not much chance to play about anyway.
Its big business anyway and there are well above half a million users in mainland southern spain.

.....also with the price you could haggle and get them down, request discount for cash too it will save you lots. I just read the post above and that explains why there isnt a cardslot in this version :). If you go for the more expensive it will likely have a card which is Irdeto2 based encryption and you get all the popular stuff includijng sports & movies etc.

---same type of system but in tenerife was discussed here yesterday- http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=118032

Regards

Last edited:
Hi pink helmets
We are moving to Spain this year so when you say
( you could haggle and get them down, request discount for cash )
Dose that mean it’s a closed shop just get some one out the local paper to fit it ??? This is a new learning curve for me dbox & cable card box I can sort
Regards

you could get someone out of the paper, anyone fitting local to you will be usinig the same equipment and from the same supplier and same RRP, yes it is a closed shop.
However, being recommended to someone is a better plan as you will have more confidence that the installation wont be a poor job, plus also those that advertise usually do so because they dont get the recommendations :) those that are well recommended and working regular dont need to advertise.
But really it doesnt matter, just go with who you feel is right but just remember that around 80% of traders out there will at least knock off the vat (IVA) for cash, and that applies to most business (even many shops).
Out of interest are you going Murcia region or Torreveija or Alicante region or some other?

you could get someone out of the paper, anyone fitting local to you will be usinig the same equipment and from the same supplier and same RRP, yes it is a closed shop.
However, being recommended to someone is a better plan as you will have more confidence that the installation wont be a poor job, plus also those that advertise usually do so because they dont get the recommendations :) those that are well recommended and working regular dont need to advertise.
But really it doesnt matter, just go with who you feel is right but just remember that around 80% of traders out there will at least knock off the vat (IVA) for cash, and that applies to most business (even many shops).
Out of interest are you going Murcia region or Torreveija or Alicante region or some other?

Cheers m8 yes we are moving to the orihuela area ten mins drive to
San Miguel twenty mins Torreveija can you recommend anyone out off interest pinkhelmet
Or are you in another part of Spain
regards

Orihuela is the wrong direction for me m8, sorry i dont know anyone to recommend to you. I'm not even sure of the transmitting group that cover that but i think its 'Eurosky' (nothing to do with Digidude lol). All you need to do is speak with any local english or last resort local newspaper (CBN) to find installers who cover your area.
Best of luck.

Orihuela is the wrong direction for me m8, sorry i dont know anyone to recommend to you. I'm not even sure of the transmitting group that cover that but i think its 'Eurosky' (nothing to do with Digidude lol). All you need to do is speak with any local english or last resort local newspaper (CBN) to find installers who cover your area.
Best of luck.

cheers m8 thanks

Back