Anyone know how 2

NRL

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, Can someone please help me I am wanting to know what cable/comport will i need to enter MAC adrs on 120 modem.......

Many thanks in advanced,,,,,

There are tutorial on here look for newbie ambit.
In this are you can't do a 120 ambit any more . You have to get an ambit 200 and do some command lines.

Hi Hello

I have the cmnd lines for the 120 modem the prob i have is getting it into the modem i hear i need a special comport ( do you knw which is that i need ) so I can config in hyperterminal

Many thanks

NRL said:
Hi Hello
I have the cmnd lines for the 120 modem the prob i have is getting it into the modem i hear i need a special comport ( do you knw which is that i need ) so I can config in hyperterminal
Many thanks
select com 1 mate (i think).

forget about it as ive just done a 120 today put the new mac in even the so calld anti up date mod and that was hard on pin 11 pluged it in hay worked un pluged it for a min plugd it back in and wouldent work the bloody n*l logo was on it so i would not bother with the 120 modems

pil196 said:
forget about it as ive just done a 120 today put the new mac in even the so calld anti up date mod and that was hard on pin 11 pluged it in hay worked un pluged it for a min plugd it back in and wouldent work the bloody n*l logo was on it so i would not bother with the 120 modems

Yea m8 200's are they way to go, u could put a moto mac 200 or 250, but dhcpforce dosnt pickup 200's or 250's.

This will cause it to fail as its different software, as for that pin 11 job, thats aload of bull, i know it was talked about but never heard of it working.

L33tpL4y4 said:
Yea m8 200's are they way to go, u could put a moto mac 200 or 250, but dhcpforce dosnt pickup 200's or 250's.
This will cause it to fail as its different software, as for that pin 11 job, thats aload of bull, i know it was talked about but never heard of it working.

How sure are ya mate that it doesnt work ?? and any proof either way ??? Just wondering mate :)

thomson said:
How sure are ya mate that it doesnt work ?? and any proof either way ??? Just wondering mate :)

Because its different software i have done a 120 with a moto mac m8, it just reflects it (fails) well at the min its ok, but NT* might over come this, better getting a 200, do the update mod and use a 100 120 mac.

Yea but the pin 11 mod, have you any proof either way that it does or doesnt work ?? Its just that you said it was a load of bull, so now iam wondering if it is a load of bull or not ??

Ive seen other people say it does work, but its good to get differing opinions especially if the proof is there, know what i mean ??
:)

p.s
i know what you mean about using a different mac on a different model modem etc, cheers mate :)

thank u all

rispect to u all my friends

thomson said:
Yea but the pin 11 mod, have you any proof either way that it does or doesnt work ?? Its just that you said it was a load of bull, so now iam wondering if it is a load of bull or not ??
Ive seen other people say it does work, but its good to get differing opinions especially if the proof is there, know what i mean ??
:)
p.s
i know what you mean about using a different mac on a different model modem etc, cheers mate :)

Yes it just makes the modem reboot m8!

L33tpL4y4 said:
Yes it just makes the modem reboot m8!

So your saying there is no point me getting my two ambit 100's modded with the pin 11 method mate ?

b3nnyb0y said:
i would get a 200 m8 works perfectly for me ive heard some bad bits about 100,s 120,s ;@) :Cheers:
ive got a 200 mate which is working fine, but ive just got myself two 100's too ?

Give then to someone on telewest.
I think they still work.
I'm gonna do one for my brother, to see if i can,but have'nt got a mac address yet.
I would stick a screw driver through it otherwise!!
Spent two days on pin 11 crap!

Back