Anyone know about XBMC

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to put a DVD onto my HD and play it through XBMC. Is this possible?

I have tried selecting a .VOB but it only plays that .VOB

I have also tried clicking play DVD, but it must only be for the DVD Drive.

Make sure you have the latest build of XBMC as older versions did not have full dvd support...

if its a copy dvd then maybe the copy is not that good??

depending on the build - on the left there should be an icon PLAY DVD <-- tried that?

Grab ya self a copy of DVD2XBOX to copy the movie over to your hard drive.

Thats what I use.

Exorcist said:
Grab ya self a copy of DVD2XBOX to copy the movie over to your hard drive.

Thats what I use.

I did that. But how do I open it. All I see in XBMC are the VIDEO_TS folder and AUDIO_TS. If I click the .vobs then it only plays the one I chose then stops.

Is there a way to make it appear in your Games Menu and just be able to click it so it runs in DVDXbox no Dongle thingy.???

Therews vobs right if its a dvd there should be 3-4 main ones at 1gig each play thos m8 ;@) and yeah use dvd2xbox thats what i use

b3nnyb0y said:
Therews vobs right if its a dvd there should be 3-4 main ones at 1gig each play thos m8 ;@) and yeah use dvd2xbox thats what i use

It is an interactive DVD Game of Bullseye. Unlike a film there are no main VOBs. I thought I would be able to play it just like a normal DVD?

transfer all files to your xbox via pc using ftp program like flashfxp etc
and put _CD1.avi ,_CD2.avi ,.... at end of each .vob file it will works with old xbmc versions aswell.

if you have got a pc, and nero re code, convert the film into nero digital (use approx 200 mb for every hour of film) thenftp it or burn it onto a disc, usin xbmc in file mode, copy the file to your biggest drive(usually f) then browse the file in video mode. e puit vous voilla. i can get 9 films in the space of one dvd. this is great if you wanna use your x box as a video juke box.

Back