Anyone know about BoilerIQ?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had British Gas out to get my boiler up and running and was told about BoilerIQ £3 a month for 12 months.

Let's them monitor the boiler basically at the same time I can get Hive installed. I said no for now but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I could buy myself instead of through British Gas.

I have a Bosch Worcester Greenstar 35CDi boiler.

Then the other question is Hive or Nest? I don't have a common wire where my programmer is under the stairs so the nest will have to be plugged in anyway same as hive.

Not sure how the hot water control works though as I have a unvented system not combi. Sure it needed a different type of valve installing but that was when I was looking at the Worcester Wave when the boiler was installed.

Boiler IQ is a revolutionary new technology developed in partnership with Worcester Bosch for British Gas. It lets British Gas keep an eye on your boiler and detects when it stops heating your radiators or generating hot water, so you don't get left in the cold.

So it looks like very much a British Gas thing & looks like only with Worcester Bosch.

Last time I encountered a customer with a Hive system, the router kept going screwy .. but I think that's the curse of it never working properly when you're showing someone.

Boiler IQ is a revolutionary new technology developed in partnership with Worcester Bosch for British Gas. It lets British Gas keep an eye on your boiler and detects when it stops heating your radiators or generating hot water, so you don't get left in the cold.

So it looks like very much a British Gas thing & looks like only with Worcester Bosch.

Last time I encountered a customer with a Hive system, the router kept going screwy .. but I think that's the curse of it never working properly when you're showing someone.
Would like a Nest tbf but don't know if I lose any functionality by not having common wire. Assuming I could install a plug socket under the stairs drill a hole through and mount it like that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would like a Nest tbf but don't know if I lose any functionality by not having common wire. Assuming I could install a plug socket under the stairs drill a hole through and mount it like that?

Common wire?
Do you mean on the stat?

Common wire?
Do you mean on the stat?
C-Wire to stat carries low voltage for power.

Ended up getting Nest thermostat from ebay brand new and sealed for just under £150 still waiting for it to be delivered.

Hopefully can just replace cabling from old salus programmer and run extra USB charger to power the unit. Not planning to have stand but mount in hallway with plug

Back