Sensible Topic Anyone having problems with Virgin Email ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

I use Virgin as my ISP and have 3 email accounts linked to Thunderbird, 2 are the older .ntworld.com and my main/latest one is a .virginmedia.com

For some reason it started asking me for the password on the Virgin one, which i repeated several times....Kept stating it was incorrect ??

I have NOT altered anything, i can send form the Virgin account but can not receive ? I can also send from my other 2 ntl emails and they appear in my inbox ??

If try sending and email from my phone as i ALWAYS do when i update a note etc....It is NOT coming through ??

It is has been over one hour now and it is NOT asking for a password anymore ??

I have logged into my Virgin Email account and ALL looks fine ??

Even though it shows NOTHING in the inbox's of the extra 2 emails i added (one @ntlworld.com and the main one i use @virginmedia.com).....It NEVER has though since i set them up years back ?

Anyone got any ideas what is going on ??

I'm stumped...

Cheers

ive been getting constantly bombarded with these send and recive errors i put it down to me putting ip vanish on comp
sometimes i have to dissconect so that it will send or recieve emails

After another hour, i started getting emails through (some from from 8 hours before?).....

I still don't get why my emails that i keep on my laptop (Thunderbird) are not kept on Virgins main email site ?

The ONLY ones that are there are the ones when i first set up my first ntlworld email years ago ?

After another hour, i started getting emails through (some from from 8 hours before?).....

I still don't get why my emails that i keep on my laptop (Thunderbird) are not kept on Virgins main email site ?

The ONLY ones that are there are the ones when i first set up my first ntlworld email years ago ?

Is your client configured as POP3 and deleting the emails from the server?

My original email and the one i use to sign into VM, is POP and keeps whatever i have on VM email site.
The second one i added was POP as well and an .ntlworld email addy as well. -Does NOT keep/show emails VM email
My latest which i use as my MAIN as now is imap and also does not show any emails on VM email when i log into it ?

There might be a setting somewhere to leave a copy on the server.
I'll head over to the VM forum when i can be bothered....All important emails i just forward to my original email so they are on the server..

Cheers mate..

Back