Anyone have a 360 and ntl10meg?

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
as nthell only give u 1 i.p address i cant have the xbox360 and the pc online at the same time.

Does anyone know a way around this shit? maybe hacking the modem or changing some settings etc,

they give u an option to buy a new router to get round this prob, but **** that if u can get it done for free.

Cheers,

gav

gotta buy a router really, any router will work, i use a router even on one connection as i like the firewall protection ect. they are only cheap anyhow you can pick em up for about £20. well worth having.

You could get a second network card for pc and use ics, cheaper than a router but a pain as u need pc on.

Yes you can spoof your pc network mac address to that of the xbox . I think Smac will do it. I had to do this when the ps2 went online, like someone posted earlier a router is the best way this is the way I do it now

thing is having the pc on, the upload get killed slightly.

just downgraded to 2meg again cause torrents get cut off after about 2hrs when the nets not in use. nthell must not like having their bandwidth used.

******s.

I just use a Switch/Hub.

I had a slight problem getting it setp up, but just plugged the Xbox into the Hub, nothing else. Rebooted modem. Set-up Xbox, went on Live, then plugged in my Apple Macs. I now have two Macs and my Xbox online altogether.

The Hub was about £15 from Maplins.

got a 2-port, works fine with the 2meg, but with the 10meg u only get 1 i.p address so u need to have 1 or the other on unless u get a router.

I have 360 and 10mb. All you need to do is plug a cat 5 ethernet lead from the 360 into the pc ethernet port and use internet connection sharing, I have found no problems with this method. You dont need a router....

BTW, I can download from say newsgroups and use xbox live at same time, it may effect your gaming slightly but it still works, just like using a second pc through the ethernet port.

:)

chris_uk said:
I have 360 and 10mb. All you need to do is plug a cat 5 ethernet lead from the 360 into the pc ethernet port and use internet connection sharing, I have found no problems with this method. You dont need a router....

BTW, I can download from say newsgroups and use xbox live at same time, it may effect your gaming slightly but it still works, just like using a second pc through the ethernet port.

:)

shocking downloading and gaming at the same time.. no wonder theres lag in some games lol

is ure pc is connected to the modem with usb?

with 10mb you can limit your download speed to say 3-400k and then keep bw free for xbox live. I just use the standard usb modem (think its a ambit usb) that ntl supplied me and it works 100%. I have hosted 8 player call of duty 2, currently the laggiest game ive ever played on xbox live, with no lag at all for anyone and thats while downloading at the same time (albeit bandwidth limited just in case) :)

Give it a try m8 im sure it will be fine......

I played a game of Perfect Dark Zero. We had 32 people online altogether. No Lag whatsoever. I'm only on 2meg. :)

Back