Anyone Had This Telepest Error Message ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, My mate has had the following message flash up on his tv `CONVERTER HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF CONTACT CABLE COMPANY`Now he cant get any channels !Not sure if the message came from his analouge box or nokia though. He has been running a nokia dbox2 along side his telepest analouge box for about a month with no problems. Just wondering if any of you guys have come across this problem before ? He can now get channels back on through his Nokia box but Not his Analogue box ! is there any way the CC`s can switch off an analogue converter from their end ?

Cheers DGC808

Last edited:
dgc808 said:
Hi all, My mate has had the following message flash up on his tv `CONVERTER HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF CONTACT CABLE COMPANY`Now he cant get any channels !Not sure if the message came from his analouge box or nokia though. He has been running a nokia dbox2 along side his telepest analouge box for about a month with no problems. Just wondering if any of you guys have come across this problem before ? He can now get channels back on through his Nokia box but Not his Analogue box ! is there any way the CC`s can switch off an analogue converter from their end ?

Cheers DGC808

is it a subbed analogue box as this message more or less is saying something like in english you did not pay for your bill and your getting cut off m8

well that is what it sounds like anyway

cheers

Hi gav, What do you mean by Subbed ? It is his original Tpest box but he has been using a modified 1 for a few years and just started running his original along side his nokia ! But he is still paying his subscription !

Cheers DGC808

dgc808 said:
Hi gav, What do you mean by Subbed ? It is his original Tpest box but he has been using a modified 1 for a few years and just started running his original along side his nokia ! But he is still paying his subscription !

Cheers DGC808

ok subbed means the one he is paying for so its a yes and he is running it with his dbox ok

then he needs to disconnect the dbox and contact the cable company as it needs to be sorted and there is something wrong with it if you see a message like CONVERTER HAS BEEN SWITCHED OFF CONTACT CABLE COMPANY then

either he needs to unplug the analogue box and plug it back in after 30 secs if the message is gone thats fine if not then there is a problem with the subbed box and he needs the ring the cable provider as he is paying for something he is not getting m8

but make sure that if they come out that there is no sign of the dbox and no sign of the wires being tampered with m8

cheers

Cheers Gav, thats what i thought also ! Im going round tomorrow and ill see whats going on ! Ill let you klnow how i get on.

Cheers DGC808

If he's had his analogue box switched off for a while it may of missed some kind of update or they may be aware that its suddenly come back to life.

Are you still in an analogue area - maybe its gone digital in which case you should of had a box swap !

Just been round tonight and its come back on so all is back to normal. He`s leaving his dbox unplugged for a few days just to see what happens ! We are in a digital area but he is still using an analogue box on a digital feed hence the dbox2.

Cheers Guys

dgc808 said:
Just been round tonight and its come back on so all is back to normal. He`s leaving his dbox unplugged for a few days just to see what happens ! We are in a digital area but he is still using an analogue box on a digital feed hence the dbox2.

Cheers Guys

so wont the cable people give a free upgrade then as all anologue will be gone i thought it was going to be next year 2006 last time i heard

cheers

Back