Anyone had their "free" Vista yet?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im waiting on my vista premium arriving (was a free upgrade from a MCE pc) does this free upgrade version also come with the full install on it? i.e a i386 directory or similar?
anyone done a full install using an upgrade version?

when i last saw this in the shops,it said u just get the upgrade disc.

Not waiting for Vista but there is a technique to do a full install using an upgrade version. Check winsupersite.com for the guide.

As its comming from MS, and not the company that you bought your computer/windows XP from, you need to apply online and pay for P&P (approx £15).

You should have gotten some sort of redemption voucher telling you the URL you need to visit to claim, as some companies have their own site for claiming (e.g. Dell). If you didn't get your voucher, or other details of how to claim, you'll need to contact the company you bought from.

got an email the other day saying mines on its way. they are sending them out by who paid first etc but all should be done by april

Cant you get this free with the key if you know what i mean?? or is that not possible with vista??

Sent my cash off ages ago and despite emails aint heard fork all........OI!! GATES!!! pull ya finger out ya rich git!!!:mad:

Sent my cash off ages ago and despite emails aint heard fork all........OI!! GATES!!! pull ya finger out ya rich git!!!:mad:
If its been more than 28 days then email Microsoft, tell them its not turned up and to send you a new one. They may want some more details from you this time (to make sure you ain't trying to dupe them).

Make sure you ask them to send it recorded delivery....

mine arrived today £14.14p for a dvd in a paper envelope waste of time and money, and you cant even sell the Licence its stuck to paper envelope.

Mine arrived about a month ago, £13 for p & p. Came with a French quick start pamphlet!

Did you know that if you have a pirate copy, you can just phone M$ up and try to register it. They will ask you questions like have you installed it on any other pc etc. Just say no and they will generate you a new legal, fully working key without asking you for any proof of purchase! I have tried this myself twice and had no problems!

i paid £16 for a crappy upgrade it sucks downloaded the ultimite full version and used the activator top notch twice as fast and free if your gonna change to it propaly full format and use the ultimate 86 addition its all over news groups ive put my home premium on ebay it sucked big time

ps still using xp on destop for compatible software movies etc

vista is nice for lappy and its not slow like pple say drop the huge antivirus like norton etc and it runs fine it also likes VSO convertX and alcohol crisp and smooth i say

If its been more than 28 days then email Microsoft, tell them its not turned up and to send you a new one. They may want some more details from you this time (to make sure you ain't trying to dupe them).

Make sure you ask them to send it recorded delivery....

Ive tried to find their email address but as with all large organisations i cannot find one..................anyone got an address i can use????? cheers.

Ive tried to find their email address but as with all large organisations i cannot find one..................anyone got an address i can use????? cheers.

anyone got an address i can use

yes i got a old email address you can use
: multi :

Back