Anyone got the Chinese VU Solo Mini I cloud?

i had crashes with that and find the vix image amazing apart from this issue thats started

I had a very bad experience with this cloud Ibox boxes, some come without the fan and overheat, and in one case with less than a month of use the signal was not longer acquaried, and the replacement goes bricked, just red light in the front panel, and not much information on how to fix it. I rather prefer the cheaper dreambox 500, the software may crash but you can fix it easily.

I had a very bad experience with this cloud Ibox boxes, some come without the fan and overheat, and in one case with less than a month of use the signal was not longer acquaried, and the replacement goes bricked, just red light in the front panel, and not much information on how to fix it. I rather prefer the cheaper dreambox 500, the software may crash but you can fix it easily.

I have two of these receivers both have fans but are clearly from different manufactures as on one unit the fan has a plug and socket on the other the fan is soldered onto the PCB.
Both work well but the CPU does run hot in normal use, however putting the receiver so the ventilation holes are on top rather than underneath cools them considerably.
Both are running BlackHole 2.0.6 .
It would seem that there is a lot of variation between manufactures with these receivers, some good some bad making it a bit of a lottery.
For the money if you get a "good one" then your laughing if you get a bad one you have problems, I would suggest if you are buying one of these receivers then buy from a supplier that accepts PayPal, that way you can ask for a refund through PayPal and not the supplier.

anyone still using these? ive had to reinstall the vix image once in about 4 months, other than that its been good. I still dont leave it on over niight though like i used to with my dm800.

Does anyone know how to change the drive settings in the flash memory as i when i turn off the mains and turn it back on again(everyday) the box forgets my hard drive map settings

anyone still using these? ive had to reinstall the vix image once in about 4 months, other than that its been good. I still dont leave it on over niight though like i used to with my dm800.

Does anyone know how to change the drive settings in the flash memory as i when i turn off the mains and turn it back on again(everyday) the box forgets my hard drive map settings
same problem. seems like this is because they are clone from other clone chip

Just seen the new vu+solo SE available from next week.I have seen it priced at £179.00.I guess i will get one to try.

hi i have this box, my fan stopped to work, i dont know what i can change it with.

i have a 60mm 12v 0.14a fan is it ok if i plug it in?

thank you

hi i have this box, my fan stopped to work, i dont know what i can change it with.

i have a 60mm 12v 0.14a fan is it ok if i plug it in?

thank you

You can give it a try it won't damage your box but may not work with plugin to regulate speed,best thing to do is buy replacement they are widely available on the net..
I'm sure you need 5v fan but not sure see what's on fan

anyone got an image for this box I know its a clone and don't want to kill it

can you post a link please

Wipe usb stick and just stick this folder on it. Turn box off, put USB stick in front USB port of box, led will orange for a bit then red for 5-10mins, the flashing green when installed.

Turn box off unplug USB pen, install channel list and ccam with Filezilla or similar.

Dropbox - vuplus

Wipe usb stick and just stick this folder on it. Turn box off, put USB stick in front USB port of box, led will orange for a bit then red for 5-10mins, the flashing green when installed.

Turn box off unplug USB pen, install channel list and ccam with Filezilla or similar.

Dropbox - vuplus

Cheers mate,same internals, same flashing status, been doing it for years, all 'lines'are off anyway,so a new imgage will not matter....It's ended..or mine has after years, thats why there it's a big 'no no' asking/requesting IPTV.

Back