anyone got serial to usb to work

snowball2

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi got nexus but my lappy only got usb so got serial to usb addaptor but will not work keep geting carnt find com port tryed all com ports 1 to 9 need help.thanks

i have the same problem on my laptop..what i am going to do now is connect my blue t911 to my pc with the original serial cable that was provided with the t911. i will give it a go and post my findings. just want to know were you able to load the hex files and on your nexus did the green and red light come on, once powered up or just the green???

hi
if you are going from the 9pin serial port remember that there are two types of cable one is a crossover (modem cable i think ) and the other is a straight through. I had the same problem cos the most popular cables on the market are cross over you, will need a straight through
Hope this helps

i ended up returning mine to pcworld,gave up on it after messing up a few moscs..i never managed to get it to work

Look at the USB adapter properties. Mine was set to com port 5 and I had to reset it to 2 and change t911 to 2 as well.

hi atmel
is there any chance you could explain how to do this in a little more detail please
thanks

sorry for the late reply peeps, completely forget about this post...connected the t911 to my pc via the cable that was provided. it found the device and managed to flash the t911 without any problems.
ever since then i have always used my pc to do flash any particular hardware (t911,silverbox,eurovox). i personally think that the serial usb adaptor is a waste of money.

Hi...I had the same problem with my belkin usb to serial .... i tried flashing the chip but was getting com port errors, can't find atmel ect... i tried it on mates pc as he has a serial port, within seconds it flashed chip with no probs so it looks as if the virtual com port is not getting the right data, i mean it works fine with my infinity phoenix but not the t911 (clear case) looks like i will need to invest in a rs232 db9 card slot

My t911 and infinity usb both work fine with a usb to com adapter on my laptop.( solution above)

oh btw... it works fine after i got it flashed with a true com port, only thing that i get now is head ache from all the timeouts on the glitching side of things on a rom11 boc, but i will get there eventually lol,:Chainsaw:

snowball2 said:
hi got nexus but my lappy only got usb so got serial to usb addaptor but will not work keep geting carnt find com port tryed all com ports 1 to 9 need help.thanks
I got a Belkin one but couldn't get it to work. Some guys appear to have had success. You can have mine for a small fee. PM me if interested?

my belkin works fine, just no use at flashing the t911...

I have my own theories about this, if you are using windows xp you can go into device manager then select the virtual com port (which ever number it is) .. then go into advanced and you will see that you can change the delay ( the default is 16 (micro-seconds) .. try reducing this .. i found that a delay of 5 worked for me.

edcase

Back