Anyone got any experience of using TV with in built sat tuner?

OMENDATA

Reaction score
I presume a tv with satellite tuner would not do motorised?

Have no experience of sat tuners on tv's but looks like i need a new tv so thinking about that option but if it cant turn the motor then no point and have to go for a box!

Anyone recommend any 50"+ Sat enabled tv's?

Went yesterday to a few outlets and no one at Currys seemed to even know a tv could have a Satellite tuner.

My 65" HiSense has a sat tuner and has a DiSEqC 1.0/1.2 menu where it can control a motorised dish

My Sony KD 43xD8070 has a Sat tuner, and DISeqc set up position, but be aware that if you do not have the double tuner input, you cannot watch, and record sat programs at the same time, I personally prefer my trusted Technomate 6900 for watching/recording sat programs

My opinion: They are horrible. I've never had one of my own, but a few "smart" customers have bought them thinking they'd save themselves a few quid on a separate satellite receiver.
LG- horrendously slow menu navigation (might be better now) and impossibly difficult (one by one) channel re-ordering.
Hisense - Scan was OK but I couldn't even find channel re-ordering. Over 1000 channels between Astra 1 & Hotbird, needed an A4 sheet of paper with the channel numbers listed.
Sony - fiddly interface but got there in the end. Customer decided to do a factory reset for some reason so had to go through it all again. Worked OK with a CAM.
Ikea own brand - couldn't power and LNB and DiSEqC together. POS.

Thanks Trev that is good info.
Ikea eh I didnt know they made tellies!
I have never had one in the workshop!

Back