Anyone got a surface pro?

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen currys are doing an I5 surface pro but with only 4gb ram and 128gb ssd with keyboard for £799, i need/want a really portable laptop/tablet for travelling and I was wondering what people's thoughts are?

Have been looking into the surface pro for a year or so..I believe they are very over priced for what you get..
I have a HP 360 at half the price and does the same albeit slightly heavier..
What about looking at a windows tablet and Bluetooth keyboard..
Tablet. Tablet

Actually been looking at the hp 360 as well, what do you think of the hp spectre 360 I5 with 8gb ram. Very expensive but what a nice laptop. We do a fair bit of travelling and heading to new zealand at easter. Our main laptop at home is a dell 17" I7 but it far to big to carry so wanted something that we could use on the plane to watch movies etc. I have since i posted this post earlier dug out an old acer aspire one with 1gb ram and 1.6ghz but i set up dual boot with peppermint linux and win 10. So giving this a go. Have you seen the lenovo miix 510's they are supposed to be a kind of copy of surface pro. I had a look at one in john lewis today.

Guess you need a light but robust laptop or tablet and one that’s reliable..
Not seen the Lenovo but will take a look..I had a spectre 360 when they first came about and is a amazing bit of kit..liked the fact it was all aluminium problem was holding it in tablet mode same with any convertible or 2 in 1.

I think one of the main things would be battery life, not too fussed on intel atom processors as they are power hungry and even celeron processor are a bit iffy. Seriously thinking of taking this old acer aspire one.

The o/h needed (apparently) a new lappy and as it's often used for Skype & the like I thought a convertible would be a good idea. I had narrowed it down to a HP 360 or Lenovo Yoga and opted for the HP 360 Spectre. Gorgeous machine, makes my own look positively dated!
But I'd certainly have been tempted by the Lenovo at that price, looks a snip.

I really liked the look of the hp spectres but the brass/rose gold the cheapest is saw it was around £900. For travelling this suites my needs although as it much smaller that our dell i7 17" laptop if may take pride of place

Back