Anyone got a Superhub 3?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had Virgin broadband installed today and was surprised to find out it was a SH3 in white. Didn't know anything about these so thought I would ask here, one thing I did notice it has got 2 rj11 telephone sockets.

I read on the VM forums there were lots of problems with it. Interested to know how you find it over the next few days. Had an engineer visit about 6 weeks back and he said they were testing VOIP which may be available later in the year. Guess the ports may be used for this when they release the new service.

Ive had mine for about 4 weeks now...not had any trouble at all with it.

70b31f.jpg

21j4mmc.jpg

My current speed with it....

313jdsg.jpg

The 2.4 and 5ghz allows you to have individual SSID names but they are default set both the same.
Some devices have trouble distinguishing between them and I found that one of my firesticks kept defaulting to the 2.4 network rather than the 5ghz.
Ideally give them different names so you know which each one is.

209mb much is that costing, I like the look of the new super hub very smart looking

I will be testing it out soon, I am already impressed by the wifi much better on my phone but that's all iv used so far.

The engineer said that 300mbps has been rolled out in my area but iv not seen anything advertised.

20160322_112657.jpg

300mbps has been rolled out in my area
Sounds like another free upgrade is coming followed by a price increase going from past experience.

Nice.. Pity they didnt give me one a few weeks ago when I upgraded instead of this supershit hub 2!

I've only used the Superhubs in modem mode so far because of all the horror stories. Although as a modem I've never had any problems with them. I have the v2 at the moment with 200Mbps speed, which I contantly see when downloading from the newsgroups.

300Mbps would be interesting though. :)

Been looking online cant see anything for 300mbps other than for small business use. Not for residential as far I can see.

The package is called Homeworks but cant any benefit in paying extra for it myself.

All the tools you need when home is the head office
Virgin Media HomeWorks is a savvy toolkit of services that will:
Sort your IT gremlins
Protect your business
And make sure your equipment is working as hard as you

HomeWorks is available for an additional £9.99 a month (minimum 3 month term) for all of our broadband customers.

When home is your head office, you'll want to know your connection is powerful enough to keep your business and your home life running smoothly. Enjoy our best connection with HomeWorks + up to 300Mbps¬ broadband for an additional £13.99 a month for the first 24 months (minimum 3 month term, usual price £19.99 a month).

All the power you need to keep your business and home life running smoothly.Teamed up with our most powerful Hub yet. Our Hub 3.0 lets you go further, faster. With a wider reach, you can get online in more parts of your home with download speeds of up to 300Mbps.

Virgin Media | Sign in to My Virgin Media

Back