Anybody used a sammy to back up games

maddogs

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a samsung ms28 drive flashed with ixtreme 1.61 and having been using various versions of xbc but cannot get it to work. I either get a security sector error with whatever disc I use or disc is already open.

Googled around but can't find a solution.

not sure then m8 , as i have done them before with a sammy , are you using the latest Xbox Backup Creator v2.9.0.306

make sure the drive is flashed with the 0800 firmware. i've never had a problem dumping games with a sammy n 0800 firmware

i`m nearly sure that the firmware he has on has that incorporated into it.iirc
make sure the drive is flashed with the 0800 firmware. i've never had a problem dumping games with a sammy n 0800 firmware

i had a similar problem with a liteon with a laser on the way out .... it would play games on the xbox some times when it decided it wanted to but wouldnt read any games when using 0800...

Don't think it is laser related as it will rip game without video as it says disc is already open so gets all security sectors etc but no video. This is with latest version. If I use older version it will rip video but comeup with invalid security sector. Might buy another Benq drive and try with this.

You dont need to flash an 0800 firmware m8 all you need to do with ixtreme 1.61 is put in 0800 mode, to do this you have to open the drive tray so that it is in a half open position, then reboot the PC with the tray still half open. This then puts the drive into 0800 mode and windows will automatically asign it a drive letter. Load up your xbc then use the drop down menu at the top to select the xbox dvd drive put ya original in then smash bang wallop it creates ya backup. Ive done it a 1000 times with samsung benqs etc etc. Hope that helps anyway.

You dont need to flash an 0800 firmware m8 all you need to do with ixtreme 1.61 is put in 0800 mode, to do this you have to open the drive tray so that it is in a half open position, then reboot the PC with the tray still half open. This then puts the drive into 0800 mode and windows will automatically asign it a drive letter. Load up your xbc then use the drop down menu at the top to select the xbox dvd drive put ya original in then smash bang wallop it creates ya backup. Ive done it a 1000 times with samsung benqs etc etc. Hope that helps anyway.

I have been using a ck3 lite to put in 0800 mode as you describe above the only thing I haven't done is reboot PC so will try this.

I have been using a ck3 lite to put in 0800 mode as you describe above the only thing I haven't done is reboot PC so will try this.
It's not even necessary to do it that way, if you have ix16 or ix161 you can set it to 0800 mode purely by powering the drive on with the tray open, then scan for new hardware in device manager, it should detect the drive initially as a cd-rom device, usually another close/open tray and scan for hardware picks up the drive with correct osig, then just open up xbc and do your ripping.
Just remember to uninstall the device from device manager before disconnecting to avoid any lock ups in windows.

Back