Mobile Phones anybody use a blackberry

are these any good ?
I use one for work.

They are just an extention of the office. Everyone thinks its cool to be able to get to use one, but at the end of it it sucks as people can get you all the time.

About two weeks after I got mine, I turned it off and left it in my drawer at work. Its on Vodafone, so is locked down a lot.

If you need to be on email constantly, and want to pay for it then yeah its great. If you want to be able to leave work at the end of the day and not pay all the cash, its crap.

Interesting, good point of view I don't want to be always online for work but for fun it does look good.

DD

Blackberrys are great IMO. Push email really is a fantastic innovation. If you really need to be contactable via email and you are on the go this is THE device you will ever need.

they are a pain in the back side.....

simple formula:

business blackbery = NO

personal toy = YES

Can't you set your blackberry to divert mode just like a normal phone, as im sure you can.
BT have just come out with these and im trying to get one from them right this minute but there system have been down for the past 4 hours now.

blackberries only come from blackberry. BT is trying to shift an HTC handset onto you.

NinjaXP has it in one, they are the biggest pain in the ass ever. Munkey appears never to have used one, otherwise he wouldnt have this opinion.

However, if anyone does want to be available for email all the time for the rest of their natural lives, there are a number of devices that can use blackberry, such as the Nokia E-Series, the SE P1 etc.

The new iphone also uses Mail for Exchange (MFE), which is the MS iteration of push email.

I used to install blackberry server software for vodafone for their customers as they are a bit tricky to setup. In all honesty they are only locked down by the restrictions applied by the company IT administrator, most places thought it quite amusing as i have a smart phone palm treo for e-mail and internet, many asked why i didn't have blackberry......i would laugh and shurgg my shoulders and not comment further.

i suspect allroad is asking as an individual rather than corp customer, you can setup as individual and many do but as others have said, the technology moves on and there are better devices about with more functions and look much better.

blackberries only come from blackberry. BT is trying to shift an HTC handset onto you.

NinjaXP has it in one, they are the biggest pain in the ass ever. Munkey appears never to have used one, otherwise he wouldnt have this opinion.

Blackberries are only a pain in the arse if your a skiver and don't wish to be contacted by your boss.

Well i've just ordered mine through work as its gonna make my life a lot easier. I have no problems with being contacted for work (then again I quite enjoy my job).

Back