any websiter designers here

Why not have a go yourself m8??

A few simple tools like frontpage and xara 3d and u can produce a decent looking website and then use it to learn HTML.

Also recommend HTML for dummies.

Y pay someone else to do it. :)

Why not have a go yourself m8??

A few simple tools like frontpage and xara 3d and u can produce a decent looking website and then use it to learn HTML.

Also recommend HTML for dummies.

Y pay someone else to do it. :)

i have had a go and i got a domain address

ive added a bit but was using free bravehost software which looks cr*p.

I need a proffesional designer on the cheap lol

Depending on what you are doing, basic HTML died a few years back. A lot of stuff nowadays is generated from server scripts like PHP, such as this forum for example. If you gave us a little more info I'm sure someone could help you further.

Depending on what you are doing, basic HTML died a few years back. A lot of stuff nowadays is generated from server scripts like PHP, such as this forum for example. If you gave us a little more info I'm sure someone could help you further.

to be honest i dont know anything about scripts like php, all i got is an web address i payed for and was given free software for basic design, i dont think i can ever try to learn this that why im on here to see if anyone does it for a living or has some kin of experience in doing web pages.

there are lot of ready made scripts that will do just about anything ,,

so if you could give us some more info on what you are trying to do we can work out how much work it going to take or if you have luck on your side there might just be a ready made script that will do the job for you

to be honest i dont know anything about scripts like php, all i got is an web address i payed for and was given free software for basic design, i dont think i can ever try to learn this that why im on here to see if anyone does it for a living or has some kin of experience in doing web pages.

Like PHawk has said, there are lots of available Open Source packages that once setup and running require no knowledge of ANY HTML or other languages to update and maintain. It all depends on what you are trying to do.

I've setup lots of Web Sites for people and businesses but the options available are dependent on what you are actually trying to do. What is your goal from this?

Note - I'm not a web designer and never will be (I'm on the dole/a headcase)

If you want to create your own and don't know any code, it's best to use a WYSIWYG (don't worry if you don't know what it means) editor like Macromedia Dreamweaver.

It allows you to make a webpage as if it was a Microsoft Word document.
You save it on your hard drive and upload it via FTP to the details your hosting provider has given you.
Be sure you call your main page index.html.

I've made my own at www.mikes.su (don't know if I can post URL's here so a mod can remove, I only made it to try stop my mind rotting away) and I did it using only a Notepad clone (ScITE), and following a few tutorials such as the PHP manual and the "web guide to CSS Floats".

I did it in about a week from no prior experience (note. I did make a website when I was 14 in the year 2000)

a few weeks at it and it comes to you easily, don't worry so much.

EDIT: or you can just use wordpress, or any plugin package like the above posts are mentioned.
I think they look neat and professional but you can't customise them and you don't always need a blog style format for a website.

Any specific questions just ask

Last edited:
in 1986 i built my first website it was called f*ck.com

in 1986 not many used the web as it was 1.50 a minute...

i got no web vistors

i let the domain go

a few years later f*ck.com was sold for 5 million dollars..

my brother still gives me grief about this everyday..................

Note - I'm not a web designer and never will be (I'm on the dole/a headcase)

If you want to create your own and don't know any code, it's best to use a WYSIWYG (don't worry if you don't know what it means) editor like Macromedia Dreamweaver.

It allows you to make a webpage as if it was a Microsoft Word document.
You save it on your hard drive and upload it via FTP to the details your hosting provider has given you.
Be sure you call your main page index.html.

I've made my own at www.mikes.su (don't know if I can post URL's here so a mod can remove, I only made it to try stop my mind rotting away) and I did it using only a Notepad clone (ScITE), and following a few tutorials such as the PHP manual and the "web guide to CSS Floats".

I did it in about a week from no prior experience (note. I did make a website when I was 14 in the year 2000)

a few weeks at it and it comes to you easily, don't worry so much.

EDIT: or you can just use wordpress, or any plugin package like the above posts are mentioned.
I think they look neat and professional but you can't customise them and you don't always need a blog style format for a website.

Any specific questions just ask

Out of interest what country does .SU come from.
I like the header on the web page by the way

in 1986 i built my first website it was called f*ck.com

in 1986 not many used the web as it was 1.50 a minute...

i got no web vistors

i let the domain go

a few years later f*ck.com was sold for 5 million dollars..

my brother still gives me grief about this everyday..................

Ouch!

Just think of the money that could have been made by snapping up a few simple domain names back in 1986, pizza.com, cars.com, property.com, it's not rocket science but I suppose hindsight is a remarkable thing!

Seriously, if you want your site to look professional, do not make the site yourself.

All pro websites these days are built around images and div tags and tables and they're written in pure HTML and css, and not in a WYSIWYG (stands for What You See Is What You Get) editor.

PHP and scripts are not a necessity unless you have dynamic content (content that changes per user or in different circumstances).

I mean, if you get a copy of dreamweaver or the dreaded frontpage, you can't just go on them an great a beautiful site, takes years.

Re: wysiwyg web 6

Hi All
Been some time since I posted, its good to be back
I downloaded and installed a copy of wysiwygwebbuilder 6, which is a good bit of software, however it was an illegal version and it corrupted the page I was designing so I deleted the software and installed a proper 30 day trial but it still says illegal version because their is still some code or remnants of the illegal version somewhere on my laptop, can someone please help.

Hi All
Been some time since I posted, its good to be back
I downloaded and installed a copy of wysiwygwebbuilder 6, which is a good bit of software, however it was an illegal version and it corrupted the page I was designing so I deleted the software and installed a proper 30 day trial but it still says illegal version because their is still some code or remnants of the illegal version somewhere on my laptop, can someone please help.

You would need to delve around the registry to remove all references to the application.

If you are unsure on how to do that, then it's maybe best that you leave it well alone and try another program to design your site. If you remove the wrong registry entries, then it can render you system useless.

If you Google for - free wysiwyg website creator that should throw up some alternatives for you to try.

My app of choice for building sites is Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the speedy reply seedy r0m.

Back