Any suggestions where to purchase modems ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, Thinking of taking the plunge and getting a modem (not sure which yet) and was wondering if there is anywhere else other than Fleabay ?

If one knows of an alternative can you please PM me as we do not want to upset the moderators !

Any help greatly received

Cheers DGC808

hi mate the surfboard 4100 is the best i think, they are dear now but maybe you can use one from the usa and they arn't that dear as this country.

Some one might be able to confirm if you can use the modem in this country.

You can add the hack function to them and then after that to update a new config file you simply add it at the bottom of the page and then restart the modem.

Surfboard 4100 in my eyes !

Peace

surfboards from the usa do work here....they must b flashed with fiberware but in order 2 change the region from north american standard 2 european pal...

ahhh wel then that answers his question then.....means that they are cheaper than the one's sold in this country......may as wel get one !

WoOooOoT

nothing wrong with getting it off fleabay....yes it will be 2nd hand but it will do the job, go for an sb4200i or sb4200e if you are ex cable & wireless.
you want to avoid ones with the latest original firmwares if possible because they are locked and you then have to buy a cable to flash it and there is more work to do.

I have imported a couple of SB's from the USA, just flash them like a UK one. You can convert the frequency plan with either Fiberware or Sigma - sigma is easier to get off after conversion though.

Back