Any one purchased a 500c recently?

dellbhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all.

Silly question really but just asking if anyone has purchased a 500c recently?

Reason being 2 of my mates have recently purchased them from DVB-store and when connected not all of the channels work.

I know that most of the time this is signal issues but if they connect the box to my connection its the same issue and if i connect my box to their connection all the channels work. Tried a few different images. NUtrino ultra seems to work the best.

Is it possible that its just your luck with the box on the quaility of the tuner?

I received a 500C yesterday and as of yet I'm still to get it working properly :(
Mine came from dvp-shop24.

It could also be an emu or keys issue.

Take a backup of the working image on your box and flash it to your mates. Then they'll be identical. ;)

remember not all images pick up eveything i run 3 and each has a different image on them my neutrino doesnt pick up what my enigma does and so on and my mates have different from me cause they run different images and one likes to change when a new one comes out ,like me i like to try out all the differnet types

dvb have no way of knowing whether the tuner is new or not. Also the images arent the same.

So as said above, copy on the images so all are the same then see whats what. Chances are its image first and if not that then do a rescan and if not then its tuners (ie booster needed)With neutrino you need a quality of about 90 or higher. If its only eg 65 or so then you need a booster.

I've had two mates buy one recently. One of them I set up ok, but the other one it seems the box is dead! Found out tonight as I tried setting it up. No picture on boot-up. I've searched these forums and it does appear to be dead so the guy will have to take it back tomorrow!! It is strange because it flashes fine, it just will not show a picture/menus, turn off or even grab an IP address so I can connect to it.

I've had two mates buy one recently. One of them I set up ok, but the other one it seems the box is dead! Found out tonight as I tried setting it up. No picture on boot-up. I've searched these forums and it does appear to be dead so the guy will have to take it back tomorrow!! It is strange because it flashes fine, it just will not show a picture/menus, turn off or even grab an IP address so I can connect to it.

Someone posted recently that their tuner had came loose during delivery and they had to open up the box and refit it. That might be your problem.

I'm one of the mates in question from the first post. Tbh I didn't really have a lot of time to set it up. I just flashed Neutrino 0.9b and put the services/bouquets files over via FTP. About 1/3 of the channels had horrible BER and were blocky as hell. I'll make a backup of my working box and flash the new one with that and see if it makes a difference.

Back