Any one built a website with Website X5 Evolution V8

xbc

DW Member +
Reaction score
I am a mature 2nd year HND Photography student and need to build a website.
I need da gallery for my photography and a blog, may be later add a page wher I could sell photos of differnet sizes that the customer would choose on site, but no rush for this, I have signed up with reg 123 as I got a Domain name and the server space for £14.00 for the year as they are doing a special offer for students.

What I really need to know is how to build one thats looks good, but not going to take along time to do or need to be brain of Britain, as I am short of both time and brain

I have got hold of Website X5 Evolution V8 software that looks ok ,quick and quite easy but the templates dont look that good to be honest.

Any advice would really greatful

I'd personally use something like 'wordpress' to build your blog site, it has millions of plugins including galleries.

If you want to go the route of building from scratch, you cant go wrong with imagevue gallery software as an add on page for a website.

I've used X5 Evolution before to make websites, not particilarily used the gallery function though. It is very quick and very easy to use, there are some good tutorials too (click on the tutorial button on the main menu).

It has "Gallery" and "Slideshow" functions built-in as well as other types of pages. And it's mostly very drag-and-drop friendly.

After you have finished the site with 2 click you can protect your site from people "right clicking" and downloading your pictures or other content.

Incidentally 1and1.co.uk have some good hosting packages, starting at £2.49 + vat per month with the first 3 months free (5gb webspace but no domain name (cost you £2.49 per year for a co.uk domain name)), or £4.99 +vat per month with the first 12 months free and 1 included free co.uk domain name and 10gb webspace. Both have unlimited monthly traffic, pop & imap emails hosting too.

Back