Any Mechanics in the house?

HibbyDave

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got this strange bubbling water sound coming from the dash on my wife's corsa D 1.2 sxi

it keeps going even after the engines been switched off, just started today....any ideas?

cheers

Is your water level low,got hot air inside car as i did a leaky waterpump on a 1.2 and car was probably driven when overheating as no temp guage installed,if thermostat is closed engine may get too hot and can be checked with feeling top and bottom rad hoses.

Checked temp gauge sitting normal, water level fine too mate, never heard this noise in a car before like some fecker gargling inside
the dash lol.

Could be Ian, I'll google that one mate.

:eek:...... feck me miggs, you don't half know how to ruin a man's weekend fella, but I fear you could be right, is that a
big job? expensive?
You asked I supplied lol. I sincerely hope it's the heater matrix for the easy option. Cylinder head of cleaned new gaskets are the more expensive options. It is a common fault though. Sorry.😟

you will need a pregnancy test to be 100% sure your fecked as that sniffs outgoing odors out of coolant reservoir,does the noise go if switching off interior blower?

Dave you have two options to give you peace of mind. Buy a head gasket testing kit and do a test on your car. if it stays blue you are good if it turns green you have problems. 2nd choice take it to a very local garage to test it. If you go to far the engine will cook and warp the head. Get it tested asap.

Dave you have two options to give you peace of mind. Buy a head gasket testing kit and do a test on your car. if it stays blue you are good if it turns green you have problems. 2nd choice take it to a very local garage to test it. If you go to far the engine will cook and warp the head. Get it tested asap.

Aye mate, I'll get the test kit and check it out, just checked the oil and it is fine at the moment, it's booked in for an exhaust tomorrow, I'll
put that off till I check it out.

internal blower is electric and dont need car running.just above the 12 pack of andrex

So I just put key in turn a click (before starting) and put blower on mate?

that won't generate heat though will it.

Just checked blower is working.

Last edited:
You can run it Dave but not for too long. Just long enough for the heater to get a little warm. if it doesn't get warm you need a thermostat Dave it could be jammed.Please note it's just a wild guess that could save you money. Good luck fella.

You can run it Dave but not for too long. Just long enough for the heater to get a little warm. if it doesn't get warm you need a thermostat Dave it could be jammed.Please note it's just a wild guess that could save you money. Good luck fella.

I'm going in miggs, if you don't hear from me soon it's been a wonderful life. :)

I'm going in miggs, if you don't hear from me soon it's been a wonderful life. :)
Dave pull the oil cap off and look at it and the inside. Is it white and creamy mayo looking? pull the dipstick out and do the same. If it's white creamy these are signs of head gasket m8.

Dave pull the oil cap off and look at it and the inside. Is it white and creamy mayo looking? pull the dipstick out and do the same. If it's white creamy these are signs of head gasket m8.
When you have finished that pull your pants up and then check your car m8.😂

Back