Any Lutron HomeWorks Illumination users out there?

artful75

Reaction score
Hey there I have purchased a house with a Lutron HW system and am going to try to control via PC - anyone out there done this have some tips?

Thanks!

I'm a lutron Homeworks integrator, what are you hoping to achive when you say control it?

Hey Greg I'm ideally looking to control it via Alexa like the rest of the house; but lets walk before we run - I'd like to control it via a PC. I have connected it to the LAN and it looks like the last update may have impacted the web-server function as it's not working properly. I can telnet to it, and even FTP. FTP works with some standard username/password but Telnet refuses connection with any usernames I've seen.

Installers have ridden off into the sunset, and everyone locally just wants to reprogram the entire thing for thousands of $$$.

It works (lights controlled via switches) great - would just like to control it centrally.

Ideas?

I dont know if alexa can interface with homeworks illumination, I havent tryed to set it up for any clients, I know all the qs stuff will via the lutron home plus app,
With respect to your web server access not working, you would need to make sure the login was defined in panel assignment link 9, web server

Addendum to my last post,
What processor are you working with and what version of sw is it running?
!) make sure you extract the existing compiled program.
2) create a new program based off that to play with.
3) the battery that holds memory on the series 4 and 8 processor are soldered to the motherboard I belive, if the battery is not holding a charge and there is a power loss all stored data is gone
Be careful
reprograming should not cost thousands of $ imho

You can use third part soft to integrate alexa.Homeseer has a plugin to work with Lutron

i have the lutron radiora2 from previous home owner. however he hard coded the ip address on controller which i need to change. what software can i use to change the ip address?

I've got house with an existing Lutron HW illuminations system and had the exact same idea as you. Any good places for a DIYer to start learning about the system? (besides just googling around)

What's the difference between lutron and knx?

Lutron is Brand, and KNX is a protocol.

KNX is a protocol adopted mostly in mainland Europe, it has many different manufacturers you can choose from for integration.
It also covers many different sections of integration from lighting, heating, AC, irrigation, appliances, almost anything you can think of.
Programming is PIG - horrible using ETS.

Lutron is probably the biggest brand in the world for lighting, they invented the electronic dimmer in the 60's.
Lutron also do window treatment - shades, blinds, ventians, etc.
Lutron have heating and AC integration, however I would stay away from that personally - but the lighting and shades in my opinion is the best you can get. but you will pay for it.
Programming is amazing, with easy to use GUI.

Mick

It’s not Lutron’s bag heating control.

Integration is limited to Honeywell and a few others, knx has around 480 manufacturers

Lutron is one brand that will have limited hvac integration (third party) but knx have brands dedicated to hvac.

I would use Savant, Lutron, and hestmiser.
That’s a great solution.

I've done a lutron system at a footballers apartment before, is it worth doing a proper course on how its addressed as we had to get a guy in that programmed the system once we fitted it.
Seems more and more people are going towards lutron or similar systems.
Btw i'm an electrician.

You will need to follow these steps to get Homeworks QS trained.

Sit the foundation of lighting course with Lutron, it’s probably the best lighting course you can take.

Then the advanced Lutron course.

This will get you onto the Homeworks QS course.

If I was you I would do the RA2 select course,
It’s great for electricians.

Back