Any idea dudes?

StinkyOldC

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im on tw north london and two of my boxes will now not show any channelss .when i switch the boxes on they boot as normal but dont seem to come off standby hence no channel numbers come up on the led on the box just a black screen...its like theyre recieving no signal.This is strange as im on tw broadband and thats ok and the box in my living room is ok.I must point out that the box in the living room has always been plugged in whereas the other two boxes are unplugged by the mains at night.All are running funcards.Any idea peeps?

Hi
Have a check in eng menu
Has your net id or default freq changed
Whats the signal str like
Has the card locked and saying ok
Theres a few things to check

I'm having the exact same problem, except mine was workin earlier and then I decided to program a rom10 card and ever since I get no channels, just an led light.... any help please?.

Yep, thats what happens when vod hits....

If the boxes are telewest boxes or ntl-ditv1000phase1b boxes, you will need to undo the no-update mods and get the boxes to update to CR4.

If the box is an NTL-ditv4000n then you would have to undo the no-update mod and upgrade to cr3.2 in exCW area.

If its a samsung then its f**cked

If its an NTL-ditv1000 then you will have to get a 4 chip simm, then lift the mainboard attys and flash them with a tw dump

If its an NTL-ditv2000 then you need to lift the mainboard attys and flash them with a tw dump (and undo the no-update mod)

---

All of this info is available on the forum... and has been for quite some time... (its amazing what the search button can do).

edcase

edcase said:
Yep, thats what happens when vod hits....

If its an NTL-ditv2000 then you need to lift the mainboard attys and flash them with a tw dump (and undo the no-update mod

Reflash it with what mate......??

I didn`t think tw used a 2000 did they...?

So in that case sammy and 2000`s are no good

Yes you can get a TW 2000 (model number DiTV2000T)

If they come up with the NTL logo then they've been flashed with NTL software so are now effectively NTL boxes whatever they say on the front.

To convert back to TW software you will have to reflash them with the correct TW firmware !

bammy said:

It's Di2000T :).

DiTV2000 is the NTL version.

The 1000 Phase 1b should update in stream.

bammy said:

LOL ok I stand corrected then sorry peeps

StinkyOldC said:
2 of my boxes are 1000T and one is 1000 phase b...all have the n*l logo at bootup but all of them are actually TW boxes

If you’re getting the ntl boot up logo then i rekon your on cr1 with the non update mod....? if this is the case you need to do as edcase as said mate

Undo the no-update mod on the phase1b.. that should take the TW software no problem.

edcase

edcase said:
Undo the no-update mod on the phase1b.. that should take the TW software no problem.

edcase

Am i right in assuming 1000 1b complete with 4 simm board attached currently on 3.2 in ex-cw will work in tw area.

A 1000-1b doesnt have a 4 chip simm, but yes it should switch over to TW with no problem.

edc.

edcase said:
A 1000-1b doesnt have a 4 chip simm, but yes it should switch over to TW with no problem.

edc.

Apologies just opened up 1b and found the simm board in place assumed it was 4 chip.

Back